Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made the mistake of useing a nice leather cigar case this weekend, i went up to my other home for some rest and relaxation for the 4th, and put a cohiba robusto, rass, and monte#4, in a three finger case i have to bring along.
i always just pop them in a plastic baggie but as i have a few of these cases,( gifted to me) i figured i might as well use them.
the darned case made all my habanos smell like leather, they didnt taste bad just got too smelling like they spent the night in a shoe.....so back to the baggies and the heck with the leather..guess i wont look as stunning but who needs the leather smell ? anyone actually use those leather finger cases ? if i left it open for a month or two will it stop stinking up my habanos ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
For added protection, I use a 3-finger leather case when I'm just going out for the evening, and I've never noticed a problem. But I only keep them in the case short-term and the case is at least a decade old, so maybe any aggressive odors have worn off.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Could it have been the heat? Did you leave the sticks in the car? I had a leather case (that a friend of mine is yet to return) which didn't stink up my cigars when I used it last fall.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My leather case imparts a slight aroma to the cigars. The smell is actually pleasant and it goes away in about a minute after the cigars are removed. It doesn't affect the flavor and I am not a big fan of leathery tasting cigars, so I would probably notice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts