Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mo was good to me. This was also gifted by the man.

This was a PC size cigar. It was about 5 x 40 Actually a little bigger than 5 but not much. I had this cigar during the superbowl. I lit it during the half time show after about 5 beers and an Opus X Furnte Fuente.

This was a beautiful little unbanded guy. it had a wonderful cedar smell to it. I enjoyed the smell very much. I tryed to light it before I clipped the head. Needless to say that did not work. I attribute that to the beer. After laughing at myself for about 5 minutes I grabbed my trusty Xikar clipped the head. Then I lit this little cigar with ease. It had a distinct cedar aroma and a woody flavor. It then became a little raisiny and then had a little hint of spice. It was like cinamon no not cinamon but ginger. It was a nice little cigar. I finished it just after half time ended.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Re: Le Hoyo du Prince

Cool! :w :cool:
Glad that you enjoyed it.

·
-
11,412 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
It was like cinamon no not cinamon but ginger. It was a nice little cigar.
great review.

i'm waiting for a cigar to taste like mary ann!! ;)

·
Banned
6,267 Posts

Funny, just this week I had a cigar that tasted like the Skipper :r

Seriously though, great review Kamikaiguy. I love the cinnamon profile of some of the smokes lately. Haven't had any that had that Ginger taste but I know what you mean by raisiny.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts

:r ;)

Yeah I think she would qualify!!

However the smoke I had a couple of days ago reminded me of both the Skipper and Mr Howell on a warm balmy night :r :pu

·
Registered
806 Posts

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...du Prince's!!

One of my top 3 PC's. Along wth Party Short's & Boli PC's.

.....and of course how could I leave without a pic ? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
Mo was good to me. This was also gifted by the man.

This was a PC size cigar. It was about 5 x 40 Actually a little bigger than 5 but not much. I had this cigar during the superbowl. I lit it during the half time show after about 5 beers and an Opus X Furnte Fuente.

This was a beautiful little unbanded guy. it had a wonderful cedar smell to it. I enjoyed the smell very much. I tryed to light it before I clipped the head. Needless to say that did not work. I attribute that to the beer. After laughing at myself for about 5 minutes I grabbed my trusty Xikar clipped the head. Then I lit this little cigar with ease. It had a distinct cedar aroma and a woody flavor. It then became a little raisiny and then had a little hint of spice. It was like cinamon no not cinamon but ginger. It was a nice little cigar. I finished it just after half time ended.
Nice review. I still have a few of these in my humi. great little smokes.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

I also received one of these from Mr. Mo. I really enjoyed this smoke.

The appearance was what I would term rustic and milk chocolate in color. It had character.

Flavor for me was a bit different (but tastes do vary). I sensed alot of earth and chocolate and some creaminess to it. As I got past 1/2 time I noticed a shift to spice and coffee; no espresso, that was very nice. I am unsure of what the spice it was but it was good. She got a little hot in the last 1/4 so I increased the time between puffs and that worked it out 'cause the flavors were still spot on. as I was talking to the barmaid I dropped it cause it burned my fingers and I blame Mo for my blister.

I bet these were a few years old because the flavors were very intertwined. Thanks again Mo.

T

·
Registered
251 Posts

I have been smoke free for over 3 months in my quest to quit cigarette smoking and decided it was time to have an enjoyable cigar to commemorate. I know this sounds premature in claming success but I'm well aware and do understand that It's will be an ongoing battle for perhaps the rest of my life. I just like to reward myself occasionally so I have something to look forward to.

Normally I would had selected my favorite, Mag46, because that was the last cigar I smoked back in Dec05 but thought maybe something smaller and easygoing would be more suitable considering I have not had any type nicotine for awhile.

Box code SCO-LE00, which I think is Oct99 but correct me if I'm wrong. When I first got this box in 2001, or was it 2002, whenever, I was not really impressed after smoking a few sticks the first year. They tasted like dirt so I just left them alone and check on them once or twice a year until last year I noticed they were turning into a very pleasant smoke.

This band-less sweet bouquet cigar has some interesting wrinkles (shrunk?) on the medium brown wrapper with a light sheen of oil. The cigar was a bit firm to the touch with no soft spots. Initial lightening of this cigar was quick and decisive. I don't ever recall having a cigar that lit with such ease.

The start was greeted with a mild spice and hint of earth. A very faint of sweetness lingers but never fully matures. This stays linear for an inch and then got into a wet earthy taste mixed with a sweet floral spice. The burn was sharp with lots of smoke and I do notice it was burning rather fast. The flavors in the second half of the cigar got more aggressive but still pleasant. Sweeter, earthier, and a wood spice is introduced. This little aged du Prince is very smooth and most enjoyable and I'm now getting a nice nicotine buzz from it. Whew…

·
Registered
694 Posts

Nice review.......You got my interest....Anybody else try these?

·
Registered
8 Posts

teeznutz said:
Nice review.......You got my interest....Anybody else try these?
This is a personal fav' of mine. It's one that was intro'ed to me by a dear friend and seemingly started me on my journey "to the dark side" (thanks opusex). Anyway, I am presently loving my 50 cab from '03. I've amassed a selection of the Le Hoyo's and all have that great woodsy, cedary flavor that are typical of line. For me my friends, this and the Monte' 4 are my "Hamburger" cigars. Hamburger you say? Has he lost his mind? Well maybe my friends, but let me explain...

Have you ever been at that first, summer, back-yard bar-b-que, or passed by that late night open diner and CRAVED that simple, thick, juicy, side-o-beef. Sure you have! It's like a comfort food that may seem "pedestrian" to some, but when you're in the mood for it, nothing else can compare. And the like the 'burger my friends, the best part is, they're pretty econimical in a pinch. Fire up the grill gentlemen, I'll bring the ketchup.;)

·
Bayou Bengal of Jungle
1,994 Posts

I too very much enjoyed the one that was gifted to me. I was wondering why not too many people talk about these as much as the others. It was a very good smoke, but I love my boli PC. But still no reason to leave this stick in the dark. It was very friggin good...

·
Pedestrian
614 Posts

King James and I had one last night. James was a little tight, but mine was just right. Those little suckers are power houses of flavor, very spicy, earthy, woodsy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.