Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Danthony's daddy
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I looking through the Famous catalog and saw the great deal on Olivia Cigars. "Buy a box and get a FREE sampler” If you don't know by now, I like a great deal. Dozer and Jitzy both bought the tubos...I never saw the Tubos. I had to buy the Series O and The G (its a G thing). Since I had the Visa all warm, I bought a box of RyJ Bully. I never had one until Vicegrips bombed me, and very well might I add. So I am giddy as a schoolgirl waiting for my package to arrive. I got it on Friday with free shipping, AGAIN FREE.....

This will be my last purchase for a while due to some changes at work :mumbles:. We are changing from 12-hour shifts to 8-hour shifts. I live 40 mins from work. That means my gas bill is going up at least $100.00 a month. Plus, we will be forced to take extra paid days off for holiday. We were just getting a bi-weekly payout for holidays. There goes another $250.00 a month. That is a $350 swing in take home $$$$ that is like 500-600 gross pay. It is sad that as a cop in California, I make just enough to get by, around 50K. The good news is I will have extra time to smoke. In June we may get a pay raise depending on other agencies in our area getting raises.

Thanks for letting me brag a little and bitch a lot :brick:

Attachments

· Registered
1,285 Posts
:angry:

It is a national disgrace that we grossly under pay the people we count on in times of crisis, who put their lives on the line every day they go to work - policemen and firemen.

I hope that someday the pay for these professions reflects their dedication, sacrifice, and commitment to the well being of the public they protect and serve.

Now... I'll get off my soapbox.

Mike - I hope it works out well for you in June.

<insert fingers-crossed smiley here>

· Registered
1,312 Posts
:angry:

It is a national disgrace that we grossly under pay the people we count on in times of crisis, who put their lives on the line every day they go to work - policemen and firemen.

I hope that someday the pay for these professions reflects their dedication, sacrifice, and commitment to the well being of the public they protect and serve.

Now... I'll get off my soapbox.

Mike - I hope it works out well for you in June.

<insert fingers-crossed smiley here>
I 2nd that!

· Registered
228 Posts
Gotta Love the Olivas!! Then add in the free SAMPLER!! I like free.

We did four, 10 hour shifts the last few years before I retired. They were heaven. Previously we did SIX days straight with a nine hour shift. The week NEVER seemed to end.

Tough deal on the gas prices, it's killing ALL of us. How many more years to go??

FN in MT
MT Hwy Patrol #237 Retired

· Danthony's daddy
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice Speedy! Man, you have to have a pretty large humi...

Great pickup..
I have a cabinet that I love. I keep everything in boxes....it is a sickness. :eeek:

Oh by the way the box of Tubos was $44-$47 a box and you get the $30 sampler for FREEEEEEEEEEE

The top shelf is empty boxes...There are a lot of boxes with 10 sticks or less.

Attachments

· Danthony's daddy
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gotta Love the Olivas!! Then add in the free SAMPLER!! I like free.

We did four, 10 hour shifts the last few years before I retired. They were heaven. Previously we did SIX days straight with a nine hour shift. The week NEVER seemed to end.

Tough deal on the gas prices, it's killing ALL of us. How many more years to go??

FN in MT
MT Hwy Patrol #237 Retired
I'm 38 now and 39 at the end of the month. I was wanting to work till 60ish

CALPERS 3% at 55....I've been on for 3 years

· Danthony's daddy
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, You have Great smokes there. But the i know how you fell with the 500 pay cut. It takes a little while to get over that kind of pay cut. I did it in oct and just starting to get out of it.
I'm NO happy but I will survive....Now that I get the pay cut, I am sure my wife will get preg

· CigarFish
3,697 Posts
You guys need to come to Long Island NY--Average county cop--100K

Retire with a huge payout for sick time and otherstop shelf bennys AND probably never draw your gun (except on paper;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.