Cigar Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Erik, is there any chemical that will neutralize the floral essence but leave no odor itself? It would have to be able to permeate the briar without actually damaging it. Something that functions like bleach, although not bleach of course. Smoking a tobacco you like for a year or so would probably do the trick but you'd have to loan it to another pipe smoker who doesn't mind Lakeland. (I'm not volunteering LOL.) I believe Colin mentioned that Mike Meyer's ozone treatment didn't completely eliminate the odor of one of his pipes, but Mike might have some suggestions for you anyway, including perhaps repeated ozone treatments.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
@Piper @UBC03

I gave up chasing the Ghosts away. I've tried everything on 2 of the Estate pipes I purchased around that time. In the end, I'm now just choosing to smoke Five Brothers in them, a little at a time. But to be honest, I've hit a very slow point in my smoking lately.

Work got insanely busy and I had less free time to smoke there. I only smoke at home when the wife is at work or away for the day as she does not tolerate smoke very well, even the smell on my clothes when I come directly inside. I respect that because she suffers from chronic Migraine.

I also started a 30 cycling challenge, so any free time I found, had to be dedicated to that every day. Yesterday was my last day of the challenge. 30 consecutive days of riding. Totals were:

30 days, 30 rides, 386.1 miles, and 32,053 feet of climbing. Pretty proud of myself as I have never attempted consecutive riding days as I always required recovery time. I started this self-challenge in order to kick my ass back into better riding shape. My only goal going in was to make sure I rode a minimum of 10 miles per day. About half way through, I decided to add the goal of 1,000ft of climbing per day, so I really had to bust my butt the last 2 weeks to make the climbing average.

More than you asked, but that's what's on my mind, lol.

Based on my reduction in smoking lately, I think I'm going to pick out my favorite 5-10 pipes and get rid of the rest that I feel guilt about not using regularly. Probably a fire sale coming soon...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts