Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to see Ladder 49 last night...what a classic movie. Very well done and one of those few movies that are perfect guy and girl flicks. In my opinion, a definate must see.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I caught this about a week ago with my wife...what a great movie...the emotions were so compelling and strong...so real life type of movie...you felt like you we there, not watching a movie.....If you go take some tissue....in real life Travolta gets the guy that dies wife and child...you got to see it to know what I mean... Bman

·
Registered
449 Posts
I must admit that I am behind but we finally went to see this one yesterday and it was well worth the money. Call me cheap nut I hate payng 16.00 bucks to see a movie when I can buy it whn it comes out for the same price and watch it over and over, but this one was worth it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Good ole Jackson, TN The prices in the area have gone up bby 3 or 4 bucks over the last two years hare, ad don't get me strarted on the popcorn and coke prices yikes!! :c

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I saw Ladder 49 a while ago but here's my review on it from Netflix:

Just saw this movie in theatres and thought I'd write a review. I really enjoyed this movie and I am amazed that it recieved such bad reviews from the critics. This movie does exactly what its supposed to do, tell a compelling story of bravery and service to the public while presenting it in a way that illicits an emotional response. The acting by Travolta in this movie is very good genuinely believable. Joaquin Phoenix gives stale performance as a rookie fire fighter but the story is compelling enough for the viewer to overlook his vapid performance. The director guides the audience through the trials and tribulations of fire fighters quite effectively using the now familiar flashback story telling method. It works well in this film as we see the relationship between Phoenix and Travolta grow into a strong friendship. The movie performs well visually and without any annoying camera angles which I thought this film might include. Overall I was very pleased with the presentation of this movie. The actors were able to effectively form a bond with the audience so that all the emotions seem more real and appear to hit closer to home. This movie is a must see for anyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.