Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,411 Posts
I truly hate to see this on any board. This should have been kept private, between the two or more persons involved and maintained a "business casual" thing... IMHO

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,797 Posts
Knowing how Dino @UBCO3 generally handles disputes, my guess is that this issue could not be resolved privately. I just hope Tony @TonyBrooklyn knows how warmly we would welcome his return.
For some unknown reasons, the pipe community here has always been extremely polite and respectful. The members of the cigar community, of whom I count myself, could learn a thing or two from you.
That being said, I’m smoking another fabulous Havana right now, and I’m a contented soul.

Enjoy your day, Gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I truly hate to see this on any board. This should have been kept private, between the two or more persons involved and maintained a "business casual" thing... IMHO
I made the decision to make a public statement about the issues we were having reported and pm'd. If it was one or two guys it could of been handled in private (maybe) but when it involves multiple people, multiple threads, no way am I spending a week trying to explain what's wrong and why it's wrong and not allowed. I called no one out on the carpet, just a heads up to the community about the rules and why I was getting fed up. If guys choose to take it as a personal attack against them. That's neither my fault or problem.

I've had discussions, since the post, with guys that thought I may be discussing them. Which makes me know this post worked.

The discussions revolved around their posts and memes. Which they all knew were on pushing the envelope. I asked them and I'm asking yunz guys one thing to think about before you post things.. WHY?...
Why do I think this is funny? Why do I think this is necessary? And would I be pissed if someone posted the opposite of what I'm about to hit send on.

Everybody here knows that the majority of this forum are "type A" personalities. If it was full of meek snowflakes and wallflowers ,that stewed about things but didn't have the guts to confront people, then this job would be a hell of a lot easier. But it's not. This is a forum full of guys that KNOW their opinion is the right one. Most are respectful enough to let it slide once, maybe twice but usually not more than that. Then the stuff hits the fan, then the mods have to play judge and jury , look at this petty a$$ argument from every side.. who said what, how long had it been going on, who instigated the fiasco, what's level did it rise to. That takes time that none of us have to waste because someone wanted to be a smart a$$ and push some buttons.

I hope this gave you some insight on why I made this post in open forum.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.