Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I used to swear by the Miami made LGC's over the Dominican. The taste seemed a bit steadier, and the construction was 100% better. This opinion was formed about three years ago, so I'm not sure how things are today.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maybe I'm dense, maybe I skimmed instead of read...but what is the difference? How do you know if you are getting a Miami LCG or one from the DR? Do you have to look at the box to know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
IIRC, Holt's differentiates between the two on their website. And I don't know if this will help any, but the Dominican LGC box I have says "Hand Made in Santiago, Dominican Republic" and the Miami LGC box I have says "Box Made in Dominican Republic". Both have the "El Credito" seal. Now I should point out that I bought those Miami LGCs back in 1993, so it could have changed since then.
I don't think there's any way to tell with individual cigars.

I can't say whether the Miami LGCs are truly better than the Dominican ones, but my experience is that the quality is about the same. Ernesto supervises the manufacture at both sites, I believe. Again, just my opinion, but I think the biggest reasons for the Miami-produced LGCs being so sought-after are that they are made in smaller quanitity than the Dominican LGCs and that the Miami factory is where they were all originally made before the boom (yes, I know the brand originates from Cuba, but you know what I mean).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.