Cigar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Primates, another wee hours of the morning post. Got roped into pulling a little OT in the ER after 4 straight nights,caught me when I was tired,...couldn't think of a quick lie as to why I was not available. Anyway easy night and am now enjoying a frigid martini and a La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisel head. Beautiful cigar, glossy, vein free. Draw is fairly tight, but I think that is the result of the suggested cut, which is a punch to the upper side if the wedge. That can be improved with a little manipulation after a couple of pulls,( roll it between your fingers and it will open up a bit), anyway, impressions are right out of the kitchen, vague hint of sweetness on the draw, pepper in the middle, some salt on the tailend. Interesting combo. will smoke it again and recommend it to friends. Frank B

·
Registered
585 Posts
in the new CA there's a pic of "how to cut a chisel" essentially a deep punch that penetrates through the entire chisel. I tried it with a POS bullet cutter my lil bro had and broke the chisel!! Ended up cutting it regular, still a tasty treat. The La Flor's are coming in really nice now, all the ligero's and the limitada's imo.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You should try the Maduro Dbl Ligero Chisels!!! They're pretty damn good smokes condisering they're not from that lil' island So. of Miami. I am no way comparing them to smokes from that island, but DAMN I do love a full bodied smoke! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've been looking for one of these around town, no luck yet. anyone from MD or DC seen these at a shop?

·
Registered
239 Posts
LFD DL Chisel's in Va/DC/Md area

If any LLG's in the Va/DC/Md area are still having a hard time finding the La Flor Dominica Double Ligero Chisel-

I had to go to Quantico today and stopped by a nearby cigar shop just off of I-95 in Stafford County. They have 2 full and 2 partial (But almost full) boxes of the Chisel.

The place is Select Leaf Tobaco Shop on Garrisonville Rd, at the Aquia (Rt 610) exit. (540)720-2928. Nice folks there, too.

Happy hunting,

-Quixote

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I've been looking everywhere for these! I've been able to locate all of the other Double Ligero sizes, but no maduro Chisels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts