Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to get one of each of them.
La Flor made by Christian Eiroa of Camacho.
Camacho made by Litto Gomez of La Flor.
Both of them are beautifully made cigars as if they are showing how serious they are about this face off and to beat each other.

La Flor by Eiroa has a smooth, light-medium brown wrapper. A bit darker than CTSH, it might be Dominican, since it has similar quality to the wrappers for Opus X. Could be Ecuadorian though.

Camacho by Gomez has a very similar wrapper to Camacho Diploma. It should be Honduran.

Now smoking La Flor by Eiroa...It is mild to medium and very smooth. Sweet and rich aroma with strong caramel like flavor. This is NICE!! This is already a winner on its own, especially for the mild cigar lovers...

But I cannot make a call until I try the Camacho by Gomez.

If anyone tried them, please let me hear your opinion!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camacho by Gomez

Today I'm smoking the Camacho by Litto Gomez.

This is EXCELLENT!!

Medium to full bodied, complex, many different flavors at each puff. I regret I'm not good at describing the taste or flavor. What I can say is this cigar is very tasty and very flavorful.

This one may be a bit less spicy and slightly sweeter than Diploma. It could be the tune by Gomez, and it added the depth I think.

It's a very close decision though, for me Camacho by Gomez is the winner of this face off. But La Flor by Eiroa is not a loser. I like both of them ant the price is reasonable. I would buy them as many as I can afford when I find them next. Only if I could find them...

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is pretty exciting. I'm glad to hear more about the Gomez - Eiroa face off. Sounds like some good smoking!

I'm not sure if this is just my own fantasizing or not, but wasn't there some talk of similar face offs between other manufacturers around the time of the RTDA? It would be interesting to see what would happen if this were the case. At any rate it's an exciting concept.

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes guys, this was quite an interesting project, and both of the cigars were well made! It seems like Gomez and Eiroa understood the best part of the other brand and added twist by their own way. It resulted to the two very different attractive cigars...I would love to hear the review and decision of fellow gorillas!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've got four of each on the way and can't wait to try them based on the posts here.
I ordered mine from 2Guys in Salem New Hampshire, 2guyssmokeshop.com
Get 'em while they still got 'em.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you The Cat!!
I went to that site and got 4 each of them. I mean two sampler packs. That's what I can afford for now...
I look forward to reading your review!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I enjoy both the Camacho and La Flor Dominicanas on occasion, especially their premium blends (Limitado, Diploma, etc.)

Anyways, I walked into the Cigar Vault in Mclean, VA last Thursday between calls, and found boxes of each in the humidor.

Grabbed one of each and took them to the counter where the esteemed tobaccionist mentioned they had just come in that day. Told me to consider that the Camacho-banded smoke was in the Litto Gomez style, and vice versa.

Smoked the La Flor Camacho while in Xmas traffic on the way to the mall today, and it was a very pleasant smoke. Much of the Honduran characteristics one would expect from an Eiroa cigar, yet with a distinct subltety more typically found in Dominican puros. Plenty of smoke and an excellent burn. I enjoyed it to the nub and am eagerly anticipating a Camacho-charged experience with Litto's Dominican crop from the Eiroa Camach-Dominicana.

Will report back once I smoke that one - most likely tomorrow.

I think I'll have to get a few more, to see how they smoke with a little age on them. Definitely worth a try to those whose palate still extends beyond Castro's domain ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.