Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tatter tot farmer
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite smokes it the Kristoff Maduro (non-ligero) and I had many suggestions here to try the Ligero version. A week or so ago the owner of my local B&M gave me one of these to try. I tosted it up last night and it was great, it was full of flavor with a little bit of spice. One thing I didn't count on was the strength, I was sitting on the porch reading, when I finished it up I stood up and got light headed, sat back down for a minute then grabbed a flash light and stumbled (yes really) around the farm to check on the animal before going in to bed. It was the best....err...worst nicotine buzz I've had. I guess I'll smoke the other one I have a little slower!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hehehe...I like the nic buzz I get off some cigars..but it can be a bit much at times.At least you were just doing chores..:)

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
This happens sometimes with almost any full bodied cigars...eat something before you smoke them..keep something sweet nearby that is sugary...draw a bit more slowly and watch out for those farm animals...they know if you're tobacco drunk and will take advantage of you. I've heard stories where some sheep have actually taken advantage of people but were smart enough to report that it wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
watch out for those farm animals...they know if you're tobacco drunk and will take advantage of you. I've heard stories where some sheep have actually taken advantage of people but were smart enough to report that it wasn't their fault.
YIKES!!! :bolt:

And here I thought, that in some parts of the states, it was the sheep who had to watch out. :lol:

·
smoke em if ya got em
273 Posts
This happens sometimes with almost any full bodied cigars...eat something before you smoke them..keep something sweet nearby that is sugary...draw a bit more slowly and watch out for those farm animals...they know if you're tobacco drunk and will take advantage of you. I've heard stories where some sheep have actually taken advantage of people but were smart enough to report that it wasn't their fault.
That makes for a Baaaad animal husbandry

·
Registered
573 Posts
Im about 2/3rds of the way through one and it is kicking my a$$. I have never been hit this hard from a cigar. I feel kinda sick, but hate wasting the stick. lol. i better find some sugar...

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Kristoff maduros are one of my favorites, has a little of everything one could ask in a maduro.
As Gary said the ligero is one you have to prepare for but, damn is it worth it!!

·
Banned
105 Posts
I have enjoyed the few that I have smoked .they did not really seem to have that big of a nicotine hit.

Sorry I always wanted to add how does it compare to the other kristoff lines? I was looking to buy a sampler pack of them.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I had the lancero, it was a damn tasty stick.

·
Banned
156 Posts
I bought my first Kristoff maduro's at a liquor store that had questionable humidifying capabilities...threw them in my humi and let them sit for 6 months and they were one of the best smokes i've had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.