Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-Piece Knife Block Set. It's not their best but it does well for my purposes.

What's in your kitchen?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I buy them by the piece as I need them to. I always find myself using just 3 knives out of my collection.

Enso HD 5.5 Prep knife Damascus with VG10 core made in Japan
Ryky Tran "Burrefection" 240mm Gyuto Damascus with VG10 core made by Tojiro out of Japan
North Arm 8" Chef Knife S30V made in BC

I'll take pics tonight and post em tomorrow. Pics if you got em guys, I love me some knife pics.

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
Mix of Wusthof, Henckels, and Mundial.

Reactions: Scap

·
Retired Chaos Designer
12,608 Posts
Chicago Cutlery 13 piece set, decent set, holds a good edge.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
These are my 3 go to's. I have a butcher block of knives and a whole drawer of knives but I rarely use anything but these 3 knives. The Japanese blades I wont use on anything frozen or anything that I think I might hit a super hard bone with. These knives are prone to chipping if you hit anything over 60 - 61 hardness.

20210712_210728.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Global G2s are epic!! Not my personal knife yet would use one any day no questions asked

Reactions: zcziggy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sadly, I lot of my outdoors type knives have been downgraded to kitchen duty. It’s just been a brutal summer so a number of Swamprat and Scrapyard and been taking it easy
Tableware Wood Cutlery Kitchen utensil Knife

·
Registered
417 Posts
These are my 3 go to's. I have a butcher block of knives and a whole drawer of knives but I rarely use anything but these 3 knives. The Japanese blades I wont use on anything frozen or anything that I think I might hit a super hard bone with. These knives are prone to chipping if you hit anything over 60 - 61 hardness.

20210712_210728.jpg
I have been putting together a set of Japanese Enso VG10 damascus knives. So far I have from the 10 inch down now I need some of the specialty slicers! I believe that last one of @ADRUNKK is an Enso

For the money they are hard to beat and look very nice

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wanted to go with some Jap knives but with the warranty for Whusthof you just can’t beat it for commercial use

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have been putting together a set of Japanese Enso VG10 damascus knives. So far I have from the 10 inch down now I need some of the specialty slicers! I believe that last one of @ADRUNKK is an Enso

For the money they are hard to beat and look very nice
That 5.5" Enso knife if absolutely amazing. Super balanced, lightweight, and holds a razor sharp edge.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
FYI, Enzo's are made by Yaxell. I think it's their "cheaper" product line, but still a super great knife. Holds a razor sharp edge for a long time.
Thanks for the heads up! (y)

Reactions: ADRUNKK
1 - 20 of 31 Posts