Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this yet?

First and foremost, this is the kind of movie that just screams for a Joe Bob Briggs Drive-in Review:

Joe Bob wrote:
No breasts. Chop-socky. Exploding cereal box. Heads roll. Multiple severed limbs. Sword Fu. Kitchen implements fu. Table leg fu. Screaming ball of death fu. Joe Bob says four stars. Check it out.
Anyway...

Sure, it's extremely violent, but, much like xXx (the Vin Diesel movie), it's so over-the-top that you can pretty much get past it and get on with the movie.

My biggest complaint is that, much like Matrix Reloaded, you are left with a feeling of incompleteness knowing that there's more to come. That and the "motives" are never clearly laid out.

Still, all in all, it's a nice two-hour distraction, and I'll see it more than once. Dr. Evil says check it out.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
This sounds like a wait for DVD movie. I actually liked XXX, but would bother seeing it in a movie. Matrix Reloaded really pissed me off because of its vagueness. Also, that trailer at the end of the movie was not worth sitting through all those damn credits.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw Kill Bill and really liked it. I'm a big Tarentino(sp) fan. Can't wait till the second vol. comes out. The amount of violence was meant to be humorous and over the top IMHO. But I was a little angry when it just ended with no conclusion. I can't wait until they stop making all these movies in installments.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Treyjo43 said:
I saw Kill Bill and really liked it. I'm a big Tarentino(sp) fan. Can't wait till the second vol. comes out. The amount of violence was meant to be humorous and over the top IMHO. But I was a little angry when it just ended with no conclusion. I can't wait until they stop making all these movies in installments.
especially when they cut this movie into two at the last minute (jus' for the money!), as opposed to matrix which was written from the beginning (eight years ago) as a trilogy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts