Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think QT is all about one twisted genius. Now that I've completed both Kill Bill 1 & 2, I'm ready for his next movie. All the nods to martial arts movies, spaghetti westerns and a killer plot of revenge, just riveted me. I bought Kill Bill 1, now I'm sure when Kill Bill 2 goes to the used rack I'll buy it. With all the great cinematography and cool dialogue it's hard not to want to see it again.

I'm sure this is one of them Hate/Love type of films, my wife won't watch it due to the violence. I think it has a ratio of 10 to 1 tension over violence! :r like when the bride is asking all the right questions such as,

"what pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?" :w

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
"what pray tell, is the five point palm exploding heart technique?" :w
Oh Yeah baby.
Just bought the DVD ('cause I like Tarantino stuff) & watched it for the first time last night. I agree with you relaxnsmoke, there much more tension than violence and it really creates a good story.
What I'll say about it is this, it struck me on a gut level the smae way "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" did when I first saw it.
Overall, very enjoyable & worth watching again.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I liked it. There was a razor sharp edge to this movie (tension?) & an almost tongue in cheek approach to the violence.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Re: Kill Bill 1 & 2

Kill Bill 1 & 2 will be on TNT the weekend of the 15-17. Kill Bill 1 on Friday, Kill Bill 2 on Saturday and then both back-to-back on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how much they cut it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I loved Kill Bill 1, but didn't think that KBII was as good. Wasn't enough killing in the second one from memory!! I think I'll have to watch it again. I might have been "under the influence" when I watched it! QT is a clever man.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Am a big QT fan

bandit

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Kiwi Michelle said:
I loved Kill Bill 1, but didn't think that KBII was as good. Wasn't enough killing in the second one from memory!! I think I'll have to watch it again. I might have been "under the influence" when I watched it! QT is a clever man.
Watch them together back-to-back...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ca21455 said:
Both the Kill Bill movies are super guy flicks. The wife and other ladies did not like the flicks which confirms it!

Play it LOUD with lots of sub-woofer!!
ha hummmm!!

I must really be a guy then!!!
I'm sure my husband will be happy to hear that!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ca21455 said:
Maybe the cigars brought you over to the dark side Kiwi!
Now that's funny!!! I think I have been there for quite some time!! Still searching for the light!!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I actually own a different region copy of kill bill 1 which has the black and white fight scene in color, that was pretty cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.