Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done low/no carb many times with great success to kick start weight loss, but I was never smoking cigars or pipes during my Ketosis period.

I've been eating nothing but meat and eggs for the last week and a half and I'm floored at how much more flavor experiencing with all my cigars for the last few days.

No new flavors, but everything is kicked up a notch and delicious.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I've done low/no carb many times with great success to kick start weight loss, but I was never smoking cigars or pipes during my Ketosis period.

I've been eating nothing but meat and eggs for the last week and a half and I'm floored at how much more flavor experiencing with all my cigars for the last few days.

No new flavors, but everything is kicked up a notch and delicious.
And that's why you should never, never become a vegan.!!!!!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has me excited to go back and smoke cigars in my humidor that I gave up on in the past. Even now, I’m smoking a cigar I 1st tried a couple weeks ago that was decent, and now it’s like a flavor bomb.

Great to be getting more out of my cigars, but hopefully it doesn’t lead me to trying to smoke too much and blowing out my love for them.

@Humphrey's Ghost thanks for the insight on what you’ve experienced. Sorry to hear you battle with diabetes, but also glad to hear that you truly get to enjoy cigars with being forced to control your body chemistry.

I used to think that all my best cigar experiences were due to the environment and situation, but body chemistry seems to be a bigger factor with me. It also helps that I’m in the middle of a cycling challenge which forces me to be better hydrated every day. I know I’ve read about hydration being a factor and that makes sense as it has a big impact on body chemistry and balance.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn! Does that mean I have to start cycling ten miles up a hill?
Lol, you only need to cycle uphill 5 miles. That’s the secret! But this morning, my Mountain Bike ride was 35 miles and 4000ft. Will my cigars taste even better now???

For me, the transition to no low/no carb is much more challenging. I freaking love fresh baked Sourdough and my wife makes a great one. That and a slab of butter!

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Lol, you only need to cycle uphill 5 miles. That’s the secret! But this morning, my Mountain Bike ride was 35 miles and 4000ft. Will my cigars taste even better now???

For me, the transition to no low/no carb is much more challenging. I freaking love fresh baked Sourdough and my wife makes a great one. That and a slab of butter!
I think you're allowed the butter!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you're allowed the butter!
Oh, I'm eating plenty of butter right now. But there is nothing like freshly baked Sourdough with a fat spread of butter, and a sprinkle of salt. That is probably my favorite thing to eat, period...

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
An intriguing observation. I wonder if this is the direct effect of animal protein as opposed to ketosis. I find the best tasting pipe or, especially, cigar, is right after a steak. We would have to ask someone who had fasted for a day or someone who was diabetic what they think.
I would agree that both have an impact. I have been Carnivore for over 3 months. I pretty much remain in Ketosis 24/7. I eat a lot of Grass Fed, Grass finished beef, 3-6 soy and corn free pastured eggs daily. My wife is hard core Carnivore for this period and has lost 23 lbs. I’m down 8 lbs, 16.5% body fat, with a little cardio and 1.5 hrs of resistance training 4-5 days a week. Packed on quite a bit of muscle and lost fat around the waist. Wife had a blood test and glucose was like 85. A1C wasn’t tested. I can tell you the brain and body work much better when you’re in Ketosis than running on carbs. With only 2 meals a day we are fasting around 16 hours between afternoon meal and morning meal. Sorry didn’t mean to get carried away… yes cigars taste much better on low to zero carbs… we consume plenty of healthy fat daily as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts