Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read on another forum about 4-5 months back, that some guys who get their cigars in singles, or in cabs, they like to add their own bands and write on them.

then, another guy says that he gets a fine tip sharpie and writes on the wrapper itself, down by the nub.

A - how do you all keep track of what singles are what (if your vendor reboxes and rebands - or if you have a few dif cab singles).
B - can you buy blank bands to write on? how to you secure them? what is the stuff that the factories use, some form of vegitable solution?
C - if any of you use a sharpie, have you noticed any flavor changes where you wrote on the wrapper, if you wrote far enough down where it would've burned during smoking? i asked the other guy who said he does this and he said he couldn't taste a difference. then others chimed in that they do this as well.

thanks for any info. just trying to pre-plan. i was also thinking of some of the singles i bought a few months back that were in my top shelf and almost forgot what one of them was (part 898 varn).

·
Registered
781 Posts
C - if any of you use a sharpie, have you noticed any flavor changes where you wrote on the wrapper, if you wrote far enough down where it would've burned during smoking?
i do this in the case of traveling. i take the bands off my isom's(paranoia i guess) and put a single letter or something that lets me know what that particular stick is. where i write gets completely cut off before i light it. never noticed any different flavor or taste problem with doing this. i have also seen several people do this with a 2 digit year code on the very end of a stick

jimmy

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive used post it pads, just cut the sheet into 1/2 " strips , there pre-glued so write on them then make a ring around the cigar and stick the paper to itself. instant homemade ring...:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
i use the UPS shipping labels at my office, and cut them into strips. They have a lil tab on the end so it's easy to peel them down a lil. I just abbreviate the name and date of the cigars.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hope this helps, but you can buy peel and stick cigar bands with room to write the cigar names on them. I don't know who sells them but perhaps a web search will turn something up for you.

·
-
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheBeast said:
I just quit buying re-boxed/re-banned cigars. Problem solved.;) LOL
ah, but what about those that are from cab? or Juan Lopez'??
huh, huh?? mr. smarty pants!! :D ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts