Cigar Forums banner

Keeping opened rectagle tins...

940 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Pypkius 
#1 ·
We all know that the square/rectangle pop top tins aren't the best at resealing. Well, I figured I'd pass along the technique I use when I want to stow a partial tin away in the cellar.

I simply take the lid, and give the lip on each flat side a gentle squeeze so that it bows in a bit. WHen you replace the lid on the tin it gives it a little extra holding power, and assuming the rubber gasket isn't damaged, it will keep the baccy from over drying for a little longer than normal.

Hope this helps someone along the line!

#8 ·
Thanks for the tip Dave, i'll try it out. I have a bunch of those tins (SG) that I transfer the tobacco into a ziplock then put it back into the tin. If your way works it will be less of a hassle.

#9 ·
A tip from Greg Pease (the GL Pease dude). Take a piece of aluminum foil, fold over (so you have a double layer). Cut/rip to shape larger than tin opening. Place over open tin. Jam lid onto it. Works pretty good, I've had tins open for months without any dryouts. Works well for SG rectangular tins as well GLP's plastic top tins.

#11 ·
A tip from Greg Pease (the GL Pease dude). Take a piece of aluminum foil, fold over (so you have a double layer). Cut/rip to shape larger than tin opening. Place over open tin. Jam lid onto it. Works pretty good, I've had tins open for months without any dryouts. Works well for SG rectangular tins as well GLP's plastic top tins.
This is what I do...Works great.

#12 ·
Great idea, I will start doing that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.