Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Banned
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take the youngest to the ER last night after she wasn't getting beter after a DR. Visit on Friday. She had HIGH fever and couldn't keep anything down. The ER DR. said he had the Flu (they are not seperating the flus here with all the cases of swine and otherwise) and a Bacteria Infection for which she was given medicine from our family doc and we found out shes allergic..soo..after 5 hrs and all the test and such we got to go home...problem is we are a household of 7 so this bug will bounce around through all of us and its going to be miserable. I am on 3 hrs of sleep (at work), wife is already coughing so its gonna be a LOOOONG WEEK. Please keep us in your thoughts..we will all be fine but it will be a long process.

Shawn

· Registered
6,082 Posts
My thoughts and prayers with your family Shawn. I hope that virus dies a quick and painful death sparing your family any sickness.

I know it's troublesome knowing the flu is bouncing around, but like you said you'll be fine in the end. It will just be tough.

God bless.

· Registered
140 Posts
Prayers sent brother. I hope the little one gets better soon, and I hope you & the rest of your family don't get sick. Drink plenty of OJ, and take multi-vitamins if you have them.

· "Keeping it lit"
7,722 Posts
Sorry to hear that Shawn:(

Wish I could bring over a pot of chicken soup for yall....

hint-for medicinal purposes; (garlic, ginger, cayenne in the sloup, plus fresh lemon or lime into the bowl! )

Best wishes, Daffidla

· Registered
384 Posts
Prayers sent from my family to yours Shawn.
Wish you all a speedy recovery.

Here's some sure-fire home remedies:

Try These Home Remedies for Fast Flu Relief

Phil was dead-on-spot about the garlic, it helps decrease the growth of virus.
Zinc is good (like Cold-eeze lozenges), boost immune system right at beginning.
Vitamin C, whoo-hoo, boost immune system, increases white blood cells.

Google "Flu + tea" for simple recipes to treat many symtoms (similar ingredients as Phil suggested adding to soup).

CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). On their website:

• Warning! DO NOT give ASPIRIN (acetylsalicylic acid) to children or teenagers who have the flu; this can cause a rare but serious illness called Reye's syndrome. For more information about Reye's syndrome, visit the National Institute of Health website.
    * Check ingredient labels on over-the-counter cold and flu medications to see if they contain aspirin.
    * Teenagers with the flu can take medicines without aspirin, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol®) and ibuprofen (Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®), to relieve symptoms.
    * Children younger than 4 years of age should not be given over-the-counter cold medications without first speaking with a healthcare provider.
    * The safest care for flu symptoms in children younger than 2 years of age is using a cool-mist humidifier and a suction bulb to help clear away mucus.
    * Fevers and aches can be treated with acetaminophen (Tylenol®) or ibuprofen (Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.