Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to kamikaiguy and g-man for their recommendation on the flor de oliva bundles. the churchhill maduro is a great cigar that burns great, has great flavor, never have to re-light and overall the best buck fifty cigar i have had. (price includes freight) Will always have some of these in my coolerdor.

kamikaiguy and g-man: any more smokes you like out there that compete in price and flavor as the the fdo's?

thanks,
gooch

·
Registered
949 Posts
gooch I am glad I could help out. The FdO's are great. I have recently been getting into the Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Silver edition. They are more expensive between 4 and 5 a stick. But really great cigars. Also Check out some of the other Oliva products. Like the Grand Camaroon and Grand Maduro.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, kamikaiguy, i am sure you know that uncle mikey has some good spots for members every week and that last one included the 1959 silver for about $67 a box, if i remember correctly. a great buy for a great cigar! i really do like those toranos and would smoke'em everyday if i could afford it. got a box of sigs in the coolerdor right now!

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Yep, between okie2 and kamikaiguy the FdO Torps (nats) have become a staple in the rotation....I find these to be the best smoke to give to the occaisional smoker, it always comes back to me how great they are. Hey and I like 'em too, a true bargain at the $25-$30 range for 20 very good sticks.

I've gifted cigars worth 10 times the value of these....with no feedback, then the same folks I give these FdOs' to rave about 'em. I'm saving the good stuff for me and fellow Club Stogie "Chatters".

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hehehe... you deserve it bud! I would if I could! :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I am glad you enjoyed them. Always a favorite with me and I pass that info on my friends. I am getting a little worried, my tastes seem to fall in line with kamikaiguy's. Although, that most likely isn't a bad thing when talking about cigars. I have also been enjoying the Carlos Tarano's, although I have really been enjoying the 1916's. The churchill is a very nice smoke with a good camaroon wrapper. A little more expensive than the FdO bundles, but not a bad bang for the buck either. I have not had a good experience with either Grand Maduro or Gran Camaroon from Oliva, I would much rather have the FdO. Good luck with taste testing.

·
Registered
949 Posts
G-Man I tried the 1916 and Wow!!! Really nice smoke. I enjoyed it also. Have you tried the signature line. Nice smoke too. It uses the same wrapper as the CAO Brazilia. Now before I said I like the Torano Signature better than the CAO. I might have to reconsider that statement. They are both really great.

G-man have you tried any Perdomo Cigars. I would like your opinion on the estate selection if you have a chance. It is truely a unique cigar. About 3/4 the way down it has the distinct flavor peanuts. Really really cool cigar but expensive.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have not tried the Signature line, I will be sure to do that soon. I am a fan of the CAO Brazilia line, so I am looking forward to trying them. I have tried the Torano Reserva Selecta line and was impressed with them as well. I really have enjoyed all of the Torano selections I have tried thus far. Since you brought up CAO, the Brazilia line is really the only one I like from CAO. I will try the Italia line from CAO once they get on the shelves.

I will grab some of the perdomo estate selections and get back with you. I have not tried them as of yet. Any other recommendations you have, I will certainly give them a try.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The CAO Brazilias are actually made in the Toraño factory by Toraño rollers just FYI. I am Toraño - HO. Love the Signatures and the 1916's. The silver's are a great cigar as well.

As for bundles, Toraño has a box pressed bundle cigar called "The Brick". Good cigar at a very reasonable price. :al

·
Registered
734 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
G-Man I tried the 1916 and Wow!!! Really nice smoke. I enjoyed it also. Have you tried the signature line. Nice smoke too. It uses the same wrapper as the CAO Brazilia. Now before I said I like the Torano Signature better than the CAO. I might have to reconsider that statement. They are both really great.

G-man have you tried any Perdomo Cigars. I would like your opinion on the estate selection if you have a chance. It is truely a unique cigar. About 3/4 the way down it has the distinct flavor peanuts. Really really cool cigar but expensive.
Kamikaiguy - I tried the Perdomo Estate Selection tonight. Very nice cigar. I was pleasantly surprised. You are right, about 2/3 to 3/4 down the cigar took on a distinct flavor. I don't know that I would have described it as peanutes, but since you planted the seed, that seems to be as good of a description as I can come up with. To be honest, there are other cigars for $11.00 I would rather smoke, but this is a great change of pace for something other than the norm. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
This post is to blatently ask for Ring Gauge.....

If you think I helped out kick up the Ring Guage. :D :D :D
I threw my hat in the ring for you brother. I forget the rules on giving points, but we'll see what happens. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
kami.I just bought 10 of the FDO Gold Churchills at the local smoke merchant,and they are damn fine in my book...also got a FDO maduro,and smoked it tonite along side a glass of Meyers Dark Rum,and it was great...up until now I've been smoking Oliveros Cameroon c-hills for my daily smokes @ $3.50 a stick...not anymore!FDO has got the nod!So I guess I can put in a good word for you with the Ring Gauge Gods.

·
Registered
949 Posts
AF MAN

Thanks for the gauge. I am happy that you enjoy the smokes. I just found out some unfortunate news. Oliva has discontined the Shapes series. Which kind of sucks. They were great cigars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.