Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K. Hansotia & Co. Gold

From the makers of the famed Gurkha, the K. Hansotia Gold is a gorgeous, mild cigar.
Featuring a dark natural, reddish-brown Connecticut leaf wrapper. A 50-x-6 sized Toro shaped produced in the Dominican Republic. This was gifted to me by a generous BOTL with some age on it so I am not sure how this would taste young.

Pre Light: Construction was flawless a beautiful dark brown reddish wrapper. The draw was a little tight. The cigar had a floral scent.

First Puffs: The fist two puffs the draw was tight, but bearable. Plenty of smoke with each puff. . Burn was even. A smooth mellow flavor of wood and a hint of spice. The Aroma of coffee beans filled the air.

The middle of the smoke: The woody taste faded as well as the wood replaced by a mellow creamy taste. The ash was a light grey and tight at about 1-1 1/4" long. The burn was slightly uneven but didn’t need any correction. Aroma turned to a mellow sweet scent with hints of coffee.

The last third: The mellow creamy taste was prevalent with slight hints of wood and spice. The aroma mellowed even further with just hints of mellow sweet and coffee scents. The burn was still slightly uneven, but still not to bad as not to require any doctoring. The draw loosened a bit and the smoke increased slightly as well.

The overview: This was a mild to medium bodied cigar. A mellow creamy cigar with notes of wood and spice on the finish. The aroma was a pleasant mellow sweet scent with hints of coffee. The draw was slightly tight but the smoke was plenty. The tight light grey 1- 1 1/4" ash was. The cigar burned slow but never went out. It took about hour and fifteen minutes to smoke. Other than the slightly uneven burn I would have to say this cigar is perfect. A great mellow smoke that had some age on it. It left me wanting more. So of course this is going on the list of future purchases hopefully I will be able to store them long enough to get the same flavor. I would recommend this to any one who likes a mellow cigar. I would rate this cigar at an 8 out of 10. A great cigar to have in the humi.

Construction 9.
Draw 7
Taste 8
overall 8/10

Well I hope you enjoyed my review and feed back would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Re: K. Hansotia Gold.

I am batsh!t over this cigar! It is one of my current favorites. It is a bit pricey, but every time I light one up, I forget about the price.

I found it interesting that you call it a mild cigar.....I thought it was more medium to full.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I found it interesting that you call it a mild cigar.....I thought it was more medium to full.
While to me it was a mild one atleast compared to the other cigars I was smoking this week. This is a Hansotia week I started off with the Gurkha line and now these so compared to the others it was mild.

I loved it I was just looking around to see who had the best price so I can order some. I have one left that kansashat sent me for the contest. I want to save that until I get some more but every time I walk past the humi it keeps calling me :D

I really enjoy reading your reviews, its like I'm smoking the cigar right there with you. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for such an awsome compliment. I think that was the best compliment I have ever recieved. Thanks. I realy enjoy sharing my smoking experiences, especially when it such a great cigar.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts

Great review,I only have one knock on it and thats I've never had one and now I'm gonna have to try them. This place is gonna bankrupt me :r

Gotta love it....

BTW thanks

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

Smoked one tonite. Still a damn fine cigar & has some age on it now. I noticed some distinct buzz factor, but nothing too froggie. The cigar has such a thick & gnarly wrapper leaf that the burn tunneled a bit at 1st & it required some touch-up a coupla times.

This one had some coffee notes & it really peaked in flavor in the last coupla inches........giving me that tingly, chlorinated pool water, high in the sinus that I find such an intense nose rush.....just spectacular! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.