Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have some awesome gorillas on this board.... After the thorough teasing that Mo got in the Hall of fame, it got me to thinking... There've been a number of guys on this board with generous hearts and knowledge. Their ring guage speaks for themselves...

Not to start a "mutual admiration society" among those who fit that description, but to really say: Thanks for being such great gorillas... Thanks to all the Alpha Males for the wealth of knowledge and gifting of smokes that has broadened the love of the leaf all over the country!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
!

Churchlady said:
We have some awesome gorillas on this board.... After the thorough teasing that Mo got in the Hall of fame, it got me to thinking... There've been a number of guys on this board with generous hearts and knowledge. Their ring guage speaks for themselves...

Not to start a "mutual admiration society" among those who fit that description, but to really say: Thanks for being such great gorillas... Thanks to all the Alpha Males for the wealth of knowledge and gifting of smokes that has broadened the love of the leaf all over the country!
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

They are even more "awesome" to meet in person, sit down and have a smoke with!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The information provided here is invaluable. I can't even begin to explain the number of enjoyable smokes I have had simply from the information and suggestions received from this board.

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
yeah i also agree, I havent been here for too long but alreadyhave been brightened by their advice :D, hope some day i meet some of the great gorillas inhere.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Absolutely in agreement here. During the short few months I've been in and out, I've gained much knowledge just by reading and received tons of help when I asked questions of my own. I certainly hope the sense of welcome I feel when I post here continues for all of us thanks to the great gorillas who make this place what it is.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i agree that i have been helped by and have helped others. great place to meet good folks and it is kept civil by pds. however i do not totally agree that ring gauge points are important. i strongly feel that someone should be met in person to REALLY know them. not flaming because what i am about to say is the truth. i have had several people go to herfs and other events and met people and emailed/imed me that the person(s) they met weren't quite as great as they had thought. i know this happens, not that big of a deal, i mean almost all of my points are from my Enya blindsmoke. only 2 people that have been here for any real length of time gave me one because they have met me. not plugging for points either. i have been on bb and chatrooms with mtusa. he is a yankees fan, i a diehard red sox. when we introduced ourselves and recognised our aliases it was awkward at best. but by sat night we got to know each other fairly well and i prob spoke to him as much or more than folks i have known for years. that is why i don't take much count in ring gauge. i know people that should have more of them and definitely vice versa.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I agree with Enyafan, but there are a lot of very nice people on this board, big ring gauge or not.
There's been a lot of ring gauge flying around here lately & I've been the recipient of a lot of it. If I said I didn't like it, my nose would grow a couple inches. :D
That being said, I didn't really feel like I deserved it & have been trying to spread it around some, but there are some folks that the board just won't let me bestow any more ring gauge on.

Anyhow, the reason I hang out here so much is that the atmosphere is patient & civilized. Also there is a feeling of real community here. If a regular disappears off the board for a while, I start to worry about them.

That reminds me. Where the hell is RNS? :c

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
Enyafan said:
i agree that i have been helped by and have helped others. great place to meet good folks and it is kept civil by pds. however i do not totally agree that ring gauge points are important. QUOTE]

Well said,,,,,, I don't think this board needs that kind of status hype...
(No Flame Intended)

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Church as usual the lady of bunch comeup with the best Idea. I think 15th the motion. Thanks All!!!!

I have learned more on this board than I could have possibly dreamed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Since I started smoking cigars (about 18 months ago) - this is the only cigar website that I have chatted on. There is no reason to go anywhere else.

The advice is dead-on, the humor is superb, and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Keep up the good work PDS, and thanks to all. I look forward to many future good smokes and conversation.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I haven't really been around very long, but the great people I met at the LOLH will keep me here! I hope to get a chance to meet more of you all in the future. If you are ever in Louisville, KY let me know and Greg C and I will take you to our cigar club!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DonJefe said:
I haven't really been around very long, but the great people I met at the LOLH will keep me here! I hope to get a chance to meet more of you all in the future. If you are ever in Louisville, KY let me know and Greg C and I will take you to our cigar club!
Hey, Gonna be in louisville in April (7-15) for a conference at the Gault house!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.