Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back to cigars after many years of chewing on them. (Trying to be a little more sophisticated nowadays.
Still trying to figure out my go to stick,but so far,like them all.
Found a great humidor/smoke shop. Cordova Cigar's in Pensacola. Great place ... great people.
Still alot to learn about cigars but reading the right stuff and talking to the right,highly informed people.
Stay Safe Gents. --- PRUHDLR

·
Super Moderator
17,545 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From a guy that's been doin this a while, lots of stuff has changed. Things are way easier now. Between Tupperware, boveda, digital hygros and all the other crap they've come up with makes it set it and forget it compared to 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Retired Chaos Designer
12,608 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thi type of cigar enjoyment has advanced to a whole new level for me.
BEFORE - -> cheap cigars from the corner gas station/convienance store. Shoved deep in my mouth,lit,and chewed on.
AFTER/NOW - -> A "gentleman's" pleasure. No hurry,no pressure,have not expieranced ... "your smoking a sh!tty cigar" or the " my cigar is better than yours" type attitude.
At the humidor/smoke shop - -> extremely limited religion and politics talk. Mostly cigars and past personal expierances. Our community is heavy with retired military. Lots of "sea stories" and "and there I was,and this is no sh!t",stories.
I joined the Nav at age 17 and retired at 40 in early '87. I got lot of the above stories fer damn sure.
STAY SAFE GENTLEMEN. ---- pruhdlr

·
Bloke with a Smoke
1,161 Posts
Welcome.
No politics and no religion here

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome aboard shipmate, from a shellback in Oregon within the Great Pacific Northwest!

I was in for a short stint in Charleston, SC on a destroyer (now part of an artificial reef in the Atlantic😢) at the end of the '80s. Two cruises to the Persian Gulf...glad to be out, I much prefer the civilian freedom and no unreps at 2AM...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was never on a ship. That could very well be why I enjoyed the Nav so much.
WELL - - -> three days on a sub and about 200 hours on a PBR or Monitor. Mostly sleeping. ---- SAWMAN

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from NYC.
Went back to my local cigarshop (humidor/herf) this AM. They open at 1000. Got there at 1030. Quite a few people already there. Great shop with older customers and a proprietor that knows his sticks. The VERY BEST in the Pensacola area.
Having fun with this !! --- pruhdlr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts