Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I have not been posting lately although I do read some of the posts from time to time. Sorry I missed LOLH III, sounds like a great time, say hey to the Springfield bunch. One of the best times of my life was last years LOLH II. I have been busy and obsessed lately. Of course my business always eats up a lot of time and energy, but my latest "hobby" has devoured me entirely. Starting in late July I began training at a hardcore powerlifting/strongman gym and have set a goal to compete in a local strongman competiition as a novice next July. I train 3 days per week doing stuff like lifting stones, carrying yokes, pulling trucks etc. At 52 I am the oldest guy in the place by far and one of the most dedicated. I am really having a great time. I have maintained a body weight of 266 at 6'1", but have lost 6 pounds of fat, gained 6 pounds of muscle, put 1/4" on my upper arms and more then 1" on my thighs. I am routinely sprinting 100' for reps while carrying a couple of hundred pounds in each hand or flipping a 650 pound tire for time. Man, what a blast. I also do a few days of cardio each week. So mostly when I am not training, working or eating I am dog tired. I still smoke a cigar a day, but I rarely feel inclined to write about it. I will make an effort to post more often, especially to relay my drive time reviews.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Steve! Good to hear from ya! Hopefully we'll see you on ESPN in the future :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey Steve,
I wondered if you had dropped off the earth, or what. I guess this fits into the or what category. Best of luck to you. Looking forward to reading your reviews again. When I'm not enjoying cigars, I'm training for marathons. Will run my 5th one on Nov 9. Root for me.
drc

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Great to hear from you Steve! I thought you had given up smoking since the ban came into effect. LOL You know, smoking cigars is only going to hold you back in your endeavors. Send me a list of your inventory, and I'll be glad to take some cigars off your hands. :w

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Steve,

Great to hear from you. Powerlifting WOW!!!
Some really interesting. There were some guys
and LOLH III that I think would build a pretty
good powerlifting team. Maybe we could become
the CS Powerlifting team!!! Al, Zipcode, Drill, Jhop,
myself. Woohoo!!!

BTW anyone heard from jsl in a while?

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
steve
welcome home.

have been going to the gym everyday since i was 39(thats like uhhhhhh 9 years)...you will find (after a while)that it becomes an important part of your day and just dont feel right unless you go.good luck competing.

derrek :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hey steve... welcome back... missed you at lolh, which was great. i hope there are enough women at the gym to keep you entertained while you're working out... or are you into men now? i've gotten into powerthinking- every day i try to solve a difficult math problem... my brain is almost pure muscle, with just a little bit of fat. when i swim, my head sinks immediately to the bottom! my old hats don't even fit anymore! luckily, it doesn't get in the way of smoking. :r

it's good to have you back :)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
That is an incredible workout! I better hit the gym, all that stuff stopped when I got married and had kids 7 years ago. At 48 I can still hit the ironpile. Your really going after it, that is great. Great to hear from you too. rns

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.