Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother had his baby last night at around 7:00 pm so I'm an uncle now. He had a 7 lbs 13 oz, 21" baby boy with light brown hair.

There were two problems though, first their stupid ass doctor was clearing the baby's mouth and throat with that bulb thing and thew it in the trash before it was completely clear and the baby sucked a bunch of crap into its lungs so they had to rush it into the ICU right after it was born. After the doctor threw it, he said "Oops, I shouldn't have done that". My brother said he almost punched him in the face (my brother is a Marine and might have killed him). The baby is fine but has to stay in the ICU for 24 hours for observation to make sure it doesn't get pneumonia.

The second problem was that they handed out a bunch of those gross machine made King Edward "It's a boy" cigars. I think I'm going to pick up a few good ones from the cigar shop. :D

I guess there is one other thing, they are going to name it Wayland, as in Wayland Jennings. Eveyone else hates it. I have suggested "Perry", as we have a cabin in Perry County, Indiana that we always party at and there is a good chance that is where he was concieved. :)

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
Congrats to your brother, you, and the rest of the fam!! Hang on to the cheap-o "it's a boy" as a momento and share a good cigar with your bro to celebrate. I know for me, everytime I get to share a smoke with my brother its a special time.

By the way, WAYLON. WAYLON Jennings

Don't make me tell you again! :D

:p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeafHog said:
Congrats to your brother, you, and the rest of the fam!! Hang on to the cheap-o "it's a boy" as a momento and share a good cigar with your bro to celebrate. I know for me, everytime I get to share a smoke with my brother its a special time.

By the way, WAYLON. WAYLON Jennings

Don't make me tell you again! :D

:p
Wayon, Wayland, Wailin', whatever. The name is still goofy.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
summerkc said:
My brother had his baby last night at around 7:00 pm so I'm an uncle now.
Man your brother must be in some SERIOUS pain after doing that. :D

Couldn't help myself on that one. On a serious note though, congratulations on becoming an uncle. It's pretty cool to being an uncle 'cause now you have someone you can help corrupt in the near future.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glovepuppy said:
It's pretty cool to being an uncle 'cause now you have someone you can help corrupt in the near future.
Well you don't know my brother, wildest person I have ever met. I think I might be the one trying to un-corrupt him. :D

I was sitting around with my brother and his friends after he was born and one of his friends asked him "Did you check to make sure he had ten fingers and ten toes?" Knowing my brother being a gun freak and a marine I said "I wouldn't be suprised if he was born with an extra trigger finger"

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
summerkc said:
My brother had his baby last night at around 7:00 pm so I'm an uncle now. He had a 7 lbs 13 oz, 21" baby boy with light brown hair.

There were two problems though, first their stupid ass doctor was clearing the baby's mouth and throat with that bulb thing and thew it in the trash before it was completely clear and the baby sucked a bunch of crap into its lungs so they had to rush it into the ICU right after it was born. After the doctor threw it, he said "Oops, I shouldn't have done that". My brother said he almost punched him in the face (my brother is a Marine and might have killed him). The baby is fine but has to stay in the ICU for 24 hours for observation to make sure it doesn't get pneumonia.

The second problem was that they handed out a bunch of those gross machine made King Edward "It's a boy" cigars. I think I'm going to pick up a few good ones from the cigar shop. :D

I guess there is one other thing, they are going to name it Wayland, as in Wayland Jennings. Eveyone else hates it. I have suggested "Perry", as we have a cabin in Perry County, Indiana that we always party at and there is a good chance that is where he was concieved. :)
Congrats and give your brother a good cigar, one befitting the birth of his child!

Great news!

:)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Congratulations Uncle summerkc! Wayland....... I think that is a really great name.

Now it's time for you to get busy! I waited many years to have my kids....the youngest will be 16 when I'm 60! When he calls me old man....he means Old Man! :D

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Congrats man. Just think of the nicknames. Your "way out there" Waylon! That was "way out in left field" Waylon. "Way to go" Waylon. hehe

When my niece Terri was a toddler, she couldn't pronounce her name properly, so she became Tahee for many years. Another nickname we had for her was Pigmeat. I'm not sure where my brother came up with that one.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Uncle Summerkc. Please I am not picking on you brothers baby but your are right!!!! Waylon or whaterver it is dumb. You should have told him to name the baby after his favorite Brother.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
relaxnsmoke said:
Congratulations Uncle summerkc! Wayland....... I think that is a really great name.

Now it's time for you to get busy! I waited many years to have my kids....the youngest will be 16 when I'm 60! When he calls me old man....he means Old Man! :D
I think I'll wait a few years till my career is stabilized (as stable as a commercial pilot can be) so my wife can stay home with the kids and won't have to work for a few years. I'd like to have one or two though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.