Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I sit at 12:47 am, and I'm patiently waiting for these "killer" deals JR's promises with it's 1:00 am Madness sale. I've meant to check it out, but usually either fall asleep, or get caught up in something else (oh, fine, I am usually playing CounterStrike!), but tonite I'm determined to see if it's worth the fuss.

Has anyone ever checked this out before? Is it another JR bait tactic to lure noobs like me into buying 10 bundles of JR Authentically Fake Cubans or whatever other thing he's having trouble selling to his more learned clientele? :r

·
Registered
806 Posts
Move to the west coast. It's only 10 o'clock. See that way you don't have to lose any sleep over something you really don't want to buy anyway! :D

....Like JR Ultimate's!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and I will answer my own question with a resounding NO!!!

After clicking the refresh button a dozen times, the JR's Midnight Madness sale page kicked in with ONE, count 'em ONE item, and that item was a box of JR Brand Ultimates for $50.00.

Of course, with patented JR hyperbole, they made it sound like a cigar handcrafted by God, blessed by Buddha, and carefully packaged by the ghost of John Lennon, and then flown to you on the wings of angels who hand deliver it into your humidor while you sleep and dream of candy canes and rainbows.

And with nearly $20.00 off of the Suggested Retail Price (which is obviously only JR's suggestion, seeing as how they're the only folks selling them!) it's a steal!

I'll save my fifty bucks and snag 20 Fuente curly heads, thanksverymuch. :c

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah! MocoBird! So you saw it yourself, then, eh?

What a load of :BS that "event" is. :gn

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell, that sounds even better, MocoBird!

I feel so used :mad:

·
Registered
806 Posts
horrorview said:
Hell, that sounds even better, MocoBird!
Which one...Move to the west coast or buy a box of Padron's?

....I got it....go buy a box of Padron's and then move to the west coast. Now were talk'n!!! :cool:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I wonder if this unsuspecting vict......uh, I mean fine gentleman has learned of the wonders of www.cigarbid.com yet?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
If I happen to be awake for other reasons, I will check out the JR 1 AM madness. There is only 1 item offered and it's hit or miss. I bought a couple things - Bolivar Fuerte sampler, box of Plasencia - but mostly the stuff they make available isn't very interesting.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kansashat said:
I wonder if this unsuspecting vict......uh, I mean fine gentleman has learned of the wonders of www.cigarbid.com yet?

Actually, I have!! But I have also heard of its addicitve qualities and fear it! LOL! I do check there from time to time, but I always seem to get there too early (a day before auction's end) or too late. I need to get there when there's 6 minutes left on a box of something I want for a ludicrously low price, so I can swoop in Kung Fu Ebay style and steal it away!!! :r

·
Registered
806 Posts
kansashat said:

Sung to the tune of "The Grinch" .... :ms

You're a mean one, Mister Kansashat
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mister Kansashat,
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.