Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been on the hunt for a long time for smokes that have that Cuban taste but do not break the bank.

Don't know if anyone else feels this way but I always like to show respect towards my 'top end' smokes - I feel they deserve to be smoked after a good dinner, accompanied by a nice glass of something. Somehow when you are in a bar necking back the beers it seems inappropriate to smoke the best.

Anyway, after much research, including the Top25 Cigar review database, I bought a bundle of Cazadores from my friendly supplier in Spain.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this smoke that I think it might have to move up the pecking order to an 'after dinner' smoke.

Burnt evenly, plumes of smoke, very smooth taste, I really did enjoy this cigar. Sure, they look a little rough on the outside, but I have seen worse. I know they are not completely hand made but they cost me US$25 and they are Cuban and they taste like Cubans and I recommend them.

So, all you newbies, next time you ask what would be a good cheap ISOM smoke, try out the Jose L Piedra.

The Rodster

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
thanks for the review... for those of us in american't, it doesn't make a lotta sense to risk civil fines of up to $55,000 per violation and in appropriate cases, criminal prosecution which may result in higher fines and/or imprisonment on a cheap bundle of isoms.

anyway- i get quintero brevas from a canadian friend every once in awhile... those are pretty good too if you don't smoke them while they're fresh.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I am puhsyched! I thought there may be one of these in my humi so I went and checked after reading this thread, I do have one! :w It is the Quintero Brevas. Going to burn it up tonight, will report back tomorrow.
rns

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Smoked the Quinteros last night. It was from '92, and performed quite well. I found it to be medium flavored and not real complex, but sufficent. Burn was perfect as well as draw. Bottom line, give it a 7 out of 10, may try again...but I dig the Monte Joyitas much more. There are a number of good non-isoms just as good or better than the Quinteros I smoked. IMHO. Now to try the Jose Piedra Cazadores. Another door opens. :w

·
Registered
21 Posts
relaxnsmoke: wow. a 92! that would be awesome. All of the Brevas that i have had were pretty fresh. My current stash is from 2002. They are not complex and are a mild to medium smoke, yet for me there is flavor all over the place. And the price just can't be beat! I just can't get enough of these things. :p

Vic

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
jeeze rod
sorry to be replying so late...knew i had a bundle of jlpiedra's in storage but i thought they were nacionals...looked at em last night and they be cazadores.

they are a fine cuban smoke(these are a few years old)for the $$$...smoke fine and taste like 'abana.have had about 7 or 8 from the bundle.

have tried the nacionals cazadores petite cetros and the robustos(not machine made)...liked the petite cetros the most.

derrek :)

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
rod
no idea were you can get any.(except cuba)
they are a corona( 42 x 5 1/4 inches Corona )and the entire bundle lasted two days last dec had three or so they were ok.
cazadores are better i think.

derrek:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts