Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I put some rather ho-hum cigars in a coffee can with a shot of Makers Mark. Tonight I pulled one out to see how they are doing. The cigar has definitely picked up a lot of the infused flavor. Very interesting. I will let these go another couple of weeks and see how they change. Very low tech Makers Mark cigars! Worth a try with your favorite libation...maybe a coffee liquor next? Anyone else played around with this?

Attachments

· Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A shot of beer would probably disappear and be replaced by an "experiment" of its own! Beer oxidizes and is perfect for growing bacteria, mold, and small invertabretes. Better to stick with something that has a high ethanol content.

· Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My infused cigar has a very perceptible sweetness. It isn't like any flavored cigar I have had, but it does add a different flavor to the cigar...the flavor is definitely there, but it doesn't completely dominate. I would say it is a plus for these cigars, which were pretty bland to start with. If you are curious, they were the Rocky Patel Connecticuts made just for CI. Not the Vintage Connecticuts...those are probably much better.

· Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess just about anything would work, and it is all about what YOU might like to infuse the cigar with. So, if you have some mediocre cigars laying around that you might not otherwise get around to smokin, give it a shot. I'd plan on leaving them sealed up in a container for at least a couple of weeks.

· Registered
6,725 Posts
many years ago, before my wife was my wife...I used to bar hop. Were talking Night clubs. One of the ways i would get the interest of girls. ws to smoke cigars infused with cinnamon that i made myself. Worked beautifully. i actually sold a bunch to other guys there too.

i put a bunch of value sticks in a spaghetti contanier with cinnamon oil. and it took about a month.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.