Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Primates,

Has anyone tried the JnR Alterenative smokes?
I received a catalog and saw them . Price wise looks fairly reasonable. Just wondering if anyone here has tried these yet. If so what were your impressions.
Thanks
Riggo

·
Registered
650 Posts
These are absolutely hit or miss. I can't remember any specifically, because I used to just pick a few out whenever I was there, but some of them are good enough to smoke every once and a while, and others are absolutely dreadful. IMO, the JR Ultimates are more expensive, but are worth the price. A couple of the JR "brand names" are worth it, but again, most are terrible.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
stay away from the Padron Alt. Low grade yard gar at best.
got a few I could part with if your just wanting to try them.
Totally agree. My Padron Alts were nothing like the real ones and had an odd taste to them that had me chuckin them after a few puffs and wondering why I am such a cheap bastad.

·
-FIMBULVETR-
1,614 Posts
From my experiences "house brands" have been really hit or miss. Its a lot of cigars to dig through, some will be good and worth buying, some will suck. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
These are absolutely hit or miss. I can't remember any specifically, because I used to just pick a few out whenever I was there, but some of them are good enough to smoke every once and a while, and others are absolutely dreadful. IMO, the JR Ultimates are more expensive, but are worth the price. A couple of the JR "brand names" are worth it, but again, most are terrible.
From the alts that I have had :tpd:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hello Fellow Primates,

Has anyone tried the JnR Alterenative smokes?

Riggo, in addition, I would also recommend the Consuegra brand from JRs. In August 2005, I ordered a bundle of the '#59', the 5"x50 ring in EMS. I have about 1/2 dozen still in my humi and I love this little smoke. I think letting them rest out for over a year has really helped the #59's and the draw on these cigars are simply great.

JR has a good selection of Consuegra's. I'm getting ready to try out the 'Sumatra #300' next. This brand, IMO, is a nice everyday type of cigar...:cb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.