Cigar Forums banner

Jim's Mac Baren HH Burley Flake Review.

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  ebnash 
#1 ·
Here's my review of the Mac Baren's latest product, which will be on sale in the near future.

The nutty, earthy, woody, lightly molasses sweet, mildly chocolatey burleys take the lead over the other components. They also sport a touch of spice and light dryness. The tangy, ripe dark fruity, earthy, very lightly grassy dark Virginias play an important condimental role. There’s also a strand or two of red Virginia in the mix. The lightly spicy, woody, earthy, mildly sweet dark fired Kentucky is a background player. The strength is just past the center of mild to medium, while the taste level falls just short of medium. The nic-hit is a step or so past the mild threshold. No chance of bite or harshness, and has no rough edges. The flakes are a little moist, but I saw no need to dry them. They easily break apart to suit your preference. Burns a little slow, cool and clean with a fairly rich, mostly consistent, woody sweet predominate burley flavor from start to finish. I recommend a wide bowl to enhance the range of nuances this blend has to offer. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and does require some relights. The after taste is very pleasant, and lightly lingering. Can easily be an all day smoke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.