Cigar Forums banner

Jealous of warm weather gorillas...

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SilvrBck 
#1 ·
Alright...I don't expect any responses to this, I just wanted to vent. I put in an hour on my deck last night (Connecticut is COLD right now) and froze my @ss off enjoying a nice maduro Don Tomas International Selection.

This double corona (dark as coffee and very tasty) started out nicely but by 30 mins my fingers and the cigar's draw was numb. I stuck it out another 30 mins before bailing to my garage. In the garage, leaning on my Jetta and looking at the Yukon XL (hardly the view I like to savor a nice cigar!) the smoke came back to life and I managed to enjoy it a bit. GRRRR. You southern apes are so lucky! What am I going to do for the winter when it gets really cold here? I left Canada because of the cold and obviously didn't make it far enough south.....

Sigh. OK...all you southern folks can just gloat now.... :rolleyes:

And, no, I can't smoke indoors because my wife would have a fit (where's the emoticon showing a whipped guy???)

#2 ·
Kscotty, I had a similar experience last night. It was a beautiful Georgia night, the sky cloudless and filled with stars. I sat on the banks of the Savannah River enjoying a PSD4 with a couple of years age on it, it was a wonderful smoke. It was a bit nipply out, around 75, so unfortanutly I had to wear a long sleeve shirt to enjoy my smoke. So there I sat, watching the Savannah river run out into the Atlantic, smelling the fresh air and just enjoying the veiw and my gar. Oh wait, my experience was nothing like yours, sorry:r

#3 ·
warm weather gorillas

kscotty, I feel your pain. I spent winter of 2001-2002 in Sharon, Ct. Mildest winter in years or so I was told, but plenty cold enough for a Mississippi boy. The solution to your problem is simple, have a wife that will let you smoke in the house, unless you have chidren and second hand smoke is a factor, or you can have a dedicated smoking room with a good filtration system. The other side of the coin is that in the south for about 9 months out of the year smoking outside is a miserable experience, no fun smoking and sweating. Frank B

#6 ·
You cheeky b@st@rds! :fu

Well, I guess it could be worse...I'm originally from Edmonton, Alberta (yes, there are people up there, and no, they don't all live in igloos!) where my car's floormat once snapped in half when I stepped on it......that was during one of the usual -30 celsius MONTHS they have up there. BBrrrrrrr.

Oh well, no hard feelins.... :w

#7 ·
kscotty I feel your pain! It's 40 degrees here but feels a hell of a lot colder! I really want to go out and enjoy a cigar, but I think I'll pass tonight. Like you I can't smoke in the house, and I have NO idea what I'm going to do this winter. I'll have to start looking for a smoke-friendly bar or something. Good luck!

#9 ·
Boy oh BOy are ya gonna hate this one..
I had to toil cleaning the swimming pool today...
It was dirty and needed a chemical balancing.

Its a nice day today. It was 77 degrees
(throw sticks and stuff now)

But I suspect I shall be a bit cooler this next week...

#10 ·
Grass is always greener...

kscotty-

He he. Perpetually 70 in San Diego, year round. I light up and sit on the cliffs overlooking the ocean and ponder life's wonderments...and the bums who live in the cliffs and the sewage flowing into the surf from the stormdrains and the 1 million dollar homes lining the coast. Good times. :p
SB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.