Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,034 Posts
It won't have aged. Aging stops when whisky is bottled. It should be fine, however. The alcohol will act as a wonderful preservative. I am of the opinion that whisky has far more benefits than demerits so I say, give it a shot.

After that shot, give it another one or two more as well.

· Elder Jungle Leader - Not
3,141 Posts
I was just wondering if it would go bad and make me sick. I haven't drank much whiskey before. Only 1 Jack and Coke.
I doubt it. I'm not a big drinker - but I do enjoy a drink every so often. That said - believe it or not - we still have a couple of bottles from our wedding reception around here that I still have a shot out of every now and then.

Tastes fine and never been sick. So long as it's been capped or corked there should be no worries.

And oh yeah - our wedding reception was in 1978.

:ss

Ron

· Elder Jungle Leader
5,086 Posts
I was just wondering if it would go bad and make me sick. I haven't drank much whiskey before. Only 1 Jack and Coke.
Don't worry... I have never known ANYBODY to get sick from drinking Whiskey.
Just go ahead and finish it off. In fact... chug-a-lug!
:pu

:D

Just kiding... should be fine. I really don't recommend the chug-a-lug approach. :hn

· Registered
2,852 Posts
Apparently there's a half bottle rule. This came up some time back and what I found was >= half full it'll stay good, though < half it turns for the worse.

Don't worry though, I opened a bottle of my mother's homemade wine and took a nice big drink of vinegar. Still alive!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.