Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put about 5 bowls through my new pipe, and decided it was time to give it a good cleaning. I used a cottonball and dribbled a little JD on it and let it sit for about 15 minutes. When i took it out, the cottonball was covered in gunk and all was well.

Now on inspection of my bowl, the inside seems to have a light yellowy-brown discolouration. This is ok right, won't ruin the bowl?

GOD DAMMIT. WRONG FORUM. COULD A MOD MOVE THIS TO THE PIPES FORUM PLEASE?

· Registered
142 Posts
The alcohol will not hurt the inside of the bowl but don't get it on the out side, it will take the finish off.

I use 180 proof to clean my pipes, don't do this to often because I stay drunk for a day and a half after cleaning.

Bill

· What would Skeeter do?
4,575 Posts
POD PEOPLE in the cigar lounge now! What's the world coming to?

· What would Skeeter do?
4,575 Posts
c2000 said:
You know I've been thinking the same thing..I used to smoke a pipe and that pipe kinda makes me think of starting again..

Jerry in Minnesota
Oh no! Not another alien takeover?!?! You gotta resist Jerry! They got Paul & he's dead now.....

Quick! Smoke a cigar!

· Registered
1,477 Posts
WBill said:
The alcohol will not hurt the inside of the bowl but don't get it on the out side, it will take the finish off.

I use 180 proof to clean my pipes, don't do this to often because I stay drunk for a day and a half after cleaning.

Bill
LOFnL, dude!

And no, it won't hurt...

Scott"bowlsgonnabeblacksoonerorlater"M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.