Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
ENIGMA
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been invited for a once in a lifetime opportunity to tour some very exclusive cigar factories by a family friend of Don Pepin Garcia. :faint:

I received a call this past week from a buddy and we're talking about cigars and what not when he brought a topic that came up a few weeks earlier. I initially thought he was kidding because this wasn't the same as the "tourist" approach to the tour. He told he has a place in Nicaragua very close to Esteli and he's planning on going back to visit some friends and visit the factories where they make Mr Garcia's cigars.

Well, after thinking about this wonderful opportunity and talking it over with Ursula, she strongly suggested that I take him up on the offer.

So, I called him again today and it seems this trip would be a personal visit to several places including Tabacalera Cubana (Don Pepin Garcia), Fernandez Factory (AJ Fernandez) as well as checking out the Oliva Site and others in the area.

This isn't like other cigar tours, but rather an inside look at the entire production from start to finish. He also mentioned that we'll probably spend some time with Abdel and the Garcia family so this thrilled me even more! :cheer2:

I am completely excited at the opportunity to meet some legends in the cigar industry and possibly get a hands on experience with cigar making!
This will be happening in May so I have some time to smoke as many Garcia blends as possible!

Thanks guys for listening, I am very thrilled and can't wait!

·
Morris Buttermaker
442 Posts
Veeral that is awesome news, a cigar lover's dream come true. Very excited for you I am sure it will be a blast.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Very nice ,knowing the right people is everything

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Very awesome Veeral! I want to go do the cigar safari thing at some point, but sounds like you're gonna have the inside track. Excellent. Take lots of pictures and bring back as many sticks as you can stuff in your luggage!

·
ENIGMA
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good times! I'm happy for ya Veeral!:banana:

Pics or it didn't happen! :rofl:
Does that mean I get to do it again?

Very nice ,knowing the right people is everything
It's really overwhelming to me because I just started smoking last year. But, I can't pass this up brother!

Very awesome Veeral! I want to go do the cigar safari thing at some point, but sounds like you're gonna have the inside track. Excellent. Take lots of pictures and bring back as many sticks as you can stuff in your luggage!
Maybe I can stuff you in my carry on and take you with me Kevin? Sounds like a plan?:tongue1:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Man!..I hope you have a good camera and extra flash cards!!...:mrgreen:

:thumb:......Definitely Fun Factor points there!! :beerchug:

·
ENIGMA
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats awesome!!!

couldn't happen to a better BOTL.

Of course, you should take plenty of notes to come back and give us the low down on all the DPG made cigars :p
Thanks Jason :) Also, maybe I'll even get to see some of the Tatuaje production :whistle:

Man!..I hope you have a good camera and extra flash cards!!...:mrgreen:

:thumb:......Definitely Fun Factor points there!! :beerchug:
Great camera and a 8gb card ready to go!

·
ENIGMA
5,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice Veeral. I know you will thoroughly enjoy that. i sure would. Congrats.
Can I put in pre orders yet? haha
Pre-orders will pay for my trip. Let me know if you're still interested. :bounce:

Awesome, Veeral! What a great opportunity! When are you going?
Chad, estimated date will be in May for approximately 4-5 days. It's a ridiculous opportunity for me, so I'll see how it plays out once the date gets closer

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.