Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oklahoma stunk up the Big XII championship just so Texas wouldn't get a BCS bowl !!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't think so!

It is a shame we didn't get to play USC.

OU had the best scoring offense, and we shut those fools down. Jason White was overrated though. Matt L. is a much better QB.

LSU's defense owned. #1 Total Defense and #1 Scoring Defense!!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
LSUTIGER said:
DEFENSE wins championships! :c

See you in the Orange Bowl in 2005!
San Francisco didn't have the #1 Defense back in the Joe Montana days, but they had more than their fill of Superbowl appearances.

Many a teams have LOOKED AWESOME ON PAPER only to have their accomplishments flushed down the toilet like used TP when someone like Carolina or the Patriots come along...ENOUGH SAID

:D

·
Registered
584 Posts
LSUTIGER said:
BUT did they play the No 1 total and No 1 scoring defense in those super bowls :c
Most of the time I'd say yes and if they didn't it's because paper stats don't mean squat until game day :D

With that being said, Peyton Manning should've Bulldozed his way to the superbowl!!! Where is he, was he beaten by the #1 defense, No...so much for statistics...:D

MMD - Floatin like a butterfly stingin like a bee? eh Tigger? :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yea, but if you got a chance to see our defense shut down OU, who was the highest ranked offense, then you know it is bad ass. The stats would have been much better had we not blown out so many teams and put in our backups :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
LSUTIGER said:
Yea, but if you got a chance to see our defense shut down OU, who was the highest ranked offense, then you know it is bad ass. The stats would have been much better had we not blown out so many teams and put in our backups :D
Stats shmats! I don't care if your cheerleaders played the whole 4th quarter...It just takes 1 mistake or a combination of them to make the #1 Defense/Offense look like a losing High School Drill Team. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.