Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like last nights trout dinner turned on the MoJo!

Met up with dad at 6:00 this morning and put the boat in. After debating where we should try today, and looking at all of the squalls up and down the river, I decided that we would fish one of the local bridge spans that usually produces pretty nicely. We caout a lot of Jack Cravalle (not much to eat, but even the small ones will bend the rod nicely. Dad got a real kick out of them. You would have thought he was popping wood :ss ! When we could get away from the Jacks, we doubled up on a couple of "puppy" drum (redfish), and dad hooked up a real nice sheepshead. All in all, it was a great trip. Dad also got a reak "hoot" out of "out fishing" me after our mountain trip where he got skunked. I was having to much fun putting him on fish to even mind that I only got a couple of redfish.

I think that tonight calls for an Epi and maybe cracking open a bottle of Matusalem that I have been holding back on.

Dad's first Jack (of many)

A nice Sheepshead

Dad's "puppy" (his first redfish though, so it's special)

Mine's bigger (but not by much :D)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is some nice fish. What bridge was that?
Just down river from you GM...the Buckman. You notice the piling number, eh?

There are actually other pilings that produce better at various times. I have caught some REAL nice Stripers around a couple of the other pilings, not to mention Yellowmouth trout, some larger Reds, and "other" stuff :D. Do you fish?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
WTG I love fishin!! glad you guys had a good time and caught some fish

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just down river from you GM...the Buckman. You notice the piling number, eh?

There are actually other pilings that produce better at various times. I have caught some REAL nice Stripers around a couple of the other pilings, not to mention Yellowmouth trout, some larger Reds, and "other" stuff :D. Do you fish?
I would not call what I do fishing because I seem to never catch anything.:confused: I do try to make it out a couple times a year though.

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Looks like a perfect trip... congratulations! :bl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.