Cigar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you need to read the story to understand.

OK some would be hesitant to even allow the following to be published let alone writing it yourself...

About 18 months or so ago I was cruising arround the site and someone said they had a couple of Lars Tetens they wanted to give away. (for obvious reasons)

Well I had only heard the stories an read feedback and opinions about these. Curiousity had been awakened in me by all the super over zellious negitive reports about the man and the cigar line. Being one to always make up my own mind about a item and a person I allowed my curiousity to lead me.

I recieved a couple of Lars cigars (Thank you) and they sat quietly for a while. Then one night I decided what the heck, you know those curious gorillas do sometimes (but dont say or post nothing about )
I fired that cigar up and before I knew it I was nubbing the dang thing. Hmm Not the worst but certainly not a rocket as others had sugested. Cigar flavors are subjective..
This made me more curious..

I began to hang out at lars board and post honestly and ask questions, I let them know that I was a traditionalist cigar fan and I preffered non aeromatic cigars, after a time I had become a friend of Mushashi and Tesshu and Lars, yeah they are all real people.

Well through a twist of fate I lost my long term possition as a manager of an ISP - at that point things changed more dramatically that I could ever invision.

The crux of it is now My wife and I own a Cigar Distributorship. Our products at current include the entire lars cigar line, and the leather bags. Since that day we have taken on other products such as humidors and accesories. We decided to only provide wholesale to retail companies, So we are now in the cigar industry.

So - If someone posts Booker is the Lars Man - they are infact telling the truth.

Now I didn't post this to start any hub bub, nor sollicit customers.
I dont do that kinda thing - its not the way things are done.

We are excited about the entire business becasue there are many people who infact enjoy these products. Even though most of my friends cant stand the product its ok, I know its a business.

So I say thank you to CS, and the origional gift of a couple of cigars..

Hbooker

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Did you have to start burning incense and wearing patchouli oil to get the job? :p ;) :D

Good luck in your venture....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Very best of luck. Looking forward to seeing plenty of ClubStogie deals posted in the Retailer forum.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Best of luck in your endeavors my friend.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Great Story, glad it started here!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your guess is a good one, but the option shall be yours.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Good luck. I think I got some at the same time you did. They are a little 'perfumey' for my taste. I gave them to a friend who wanted them and tried it while he was smokin' it. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
When I sent the cigars, I didn't know it would lead to this. Sorry man.

:al

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no no radar dont be sorry. LOL
Its a entire new business and a great way of life.

Now Not everyone can market only things they love, so its no biggie. Many people like these gars. Just becasue the majority of my buddies cant stand them should make me run away from such an opportunity.

Its going pretty good so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts