Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Both
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But my contingency plan worked pretty well and exposed the areas I need to work on.

What the shit was... Central Air went down. What that does... destroys the temperature of my apartment and in turn my humidor. Though my humidor holds humidity perfectly, its very much subject to whatever temperature the room is.

Living in SC, this problem escalated far quicker than I'm comfortable with as I saw my carefully guarded humidor start creeping up over 70 degrees and quickly.

Recently I purchased a good quality 110 qt rotomolded cooler for just this type of thing and everything fit perfectly. Though I have a little less air moving around in it as I would prefer the boxes all 16 fit perfectly inside.

Does anyone else who has a decent sized stash worry about things like this? What are things you do?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live near Tampa. I have two humidors that purport to hold a total of 250 cigars. They are always at least half full (that's my refill point) and they hold temp and humidity very well, evidenced by the remote sensors kept in each. They stay at about 73 degrees and 66-70% humidity (right where I like it). We recently replaced our central air unit (ouch...), and I have the A/C company on speed dial.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I have two wineadors. Controls temp pretty well. Only plug them in for about 4 months out of the year. I live in central Texas. Summers are dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
I've got a basement that stays at 65 all summer unless some idiot opens a window, like i did last summer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrolland5500

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I keep a spare capacitor for my condensing unit.
That's about the only thing that's caused me any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts