Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that "there is no substitute" but, are there some domestic cigar brands that have a resemblance to their habano cousins? Every cigar ad always talks about cuban heritage and cuban seed, and cuban this or that. They aren't from Cuba so it's a big scam, right? :c . For someone who has no experience with ISOMs, it would be cool to get a hint of the type of flavor profile of a cuban at my local tobacconist. Padrons? CAO Criollo or Brazilia? Camacho corojo?

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
SilvrBck

this question gets asked fairly regularily on cigar BB's.short answer no.the long answer is sure to follow...but it really is "apples and oranges".

derrek :)

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to bring up old s**t but I'm a newbie to cigar knowledge, always knew I liked some more than others, and I'm just trying to learn what I can to make the best purchases possible. Living on a limited budget you gotta be smart about what you buy. :u

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Living on a limited budget you gotta be smart about what you buy. :u
Then start with sampler packs or singles of various Habanos. That's the only way to try out different smokes and determine what's worth your money. Everyone's taste is different and it will change over time.

BTW: The answer to the question about any non-Cubans tasting like Cubans is an emphatic "NO!"

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree taste nothing like it.... i mean i most of the time smoke domestics, and occasionally i have a nice isom that i have saved (gifted from GENEROUS friends) and there is just no comparison. Period.

Ryan

·
Registered
200 Posts
While I don't disagree that Cuban cigars have a distinctive taste, idf the question is really asking what "domestic" cigars have a great taste of their own as good as some Cubans, I would recommend the Camacho Diploma and Corojo in various sizes and the Ashton VSG and Fuente Don Carlos. (just my 2 cents)

·
Registered
68 Posts
On that note, I have tried a fuente Opus X (fuente fuente size) and it was great! I would recomend that to anyone. Along with a hemingway (pick your size). Great smokes!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts