Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got the humidity in my Humi to where I want it. It is reading 68% RH at a temperature of 66.8. I took this reading from the top tray of my Humi. For kicks I decided to put the Hygro/Therm on the bottom of the Humi and see what it would read. After a day I checked it and the RH was 64%, temprerature was 65.9. I'm concerned cause the bottom is where most of my smokes are. Not that 64% is horrible but I didn't think it would be more than 1 or 2 % different. Comments ????:confused:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same problem: the bottom of my humidor was at 62% but the top was at 70%. I leave it at the top now and shoot for around 64%. I don't worry too much about it, though.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Quite normal. Have you considered augmenting your humidification on the bottom shelf or adding a recirc fan?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My humidors seem to fluctuate with the temperature. I attribute this to the lack of seasoning. Am I correct? :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small fans that run on batteries ???

I would like to add a fan for circulation. Do they sell small ones that run on batteries ??? It would be tough to use an outlet or outside source without drilling a hole in the humidor. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cigar Oasis?

Have you checked out a Cigar Oasis? It's an active humidification device with a fan built in and is pretty hassle free. I have one in two of my humidors and they work great. Just don't believe the hype about how long you can go with out refilling it, esp. if you live in a dry climate. But refilling is simple and quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.