Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scotch & Cigars
12,582 Posts
I think he wants to know if there is any reason to ask for a box code on the cigars before placing the order, I assume kind of like asking for X Box of cigars with an 08 date.

·
Who you calling clown???
3,950 Posts
I never assume... Makes an ASS out of U and ME!!!!

Sorry for my 2nd grade humor...Too much coffee today!!!

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,887 Posts
was curious about the above ?
and when LE's are made do they all come from the same factory for that specific rolling?
Must be talking about the Escudos. I have a box GAS JUL 07 that are smoking well. While there are some particularly good/ bad box codes on some ELs, I'm not aware of any for the Escudos.

Pretty good cigars that I bet will blossom over the next few years, BTW.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you the man Bob! thanks =)

So the same year El's can be rolled in diferrent factories but in the case of the Escudos they are not to your knowledge?

Yes I was asking specifically about the Escudos but also in general. I had an 07 Escudos last night that was for me outstanding. I found a box this morning but very uneducated on this code stuff and much less EL's.
I did make the buy which will be my first cc box purchase.

also, do different month codes effect the cigar much?

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,887 Posts
you the man Bob! thanks =)

So the same year El's can be rolled in diferrent factories but in the case of the Escudos they are not to your knowledge?

Yes I was asking specifically about the Escudos but also in general. I had an 07 Escudos last night that was for me outstanding. I found a box this morning but very uneducated on this code stuff and much less EL's.
I did make the buy which will be my first cc box purchase.

also, do different month codes effect the cigar much?
Modern box codes don't necessarily mean anything when it comes to factory codes. As for the month codes, when you enter the esoteric world of super rare cigars in HTF boxes the month can mean a lot. People are paying premiums on Behikes for certain months, for example.

In our more humble world, just get the right year and everything is cool.

·
Smoking Volunteer
4,887 Posts
Bob, out of curiosity, what are the months for the Behikes that people are dropping the extra cash for?
Just to be clear, I think the month code is silly. The first month they came out is now commanding a premium, I think that was March 2010, but I could be wrong. Maybe February?

I think the very first release of something is collectable to some.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just to be clear, I think the month code is silly. The first month they came out is now commanding a premium, I think that was March 2010, but I could be wrong. Maybe February?

So you think it has more to do with it being the first batch than with the actual quality/taste of the cigars? That's good to know.

·
Formally "jadeg001"
3,560 Posts

I think the first month was March, there was a bunch of drama recently when a person tried to sell a Feb box because evidently those didn't exist.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
was curious about the above ?
and when LE's are made do they all come from the same factory for that specific rolling?
Some did in certain months some didn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts