Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do cigars actually taste better in the Spring? I find myself really tearing into the sticks in the Spring and Fall of the year in that to me they seem to taste better with some of my lifetime best smokes happening during those seasons. Am I the only one that loves a Spring Stick?

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
I am the exact same way..every time the seasons change I smoke a lot more. Late spring/early summer is when I smoke the most, since exams are coming to an end, outdoor parties are starting up, and I usually make sure to have some free time between school and my summer job to get a few rounds (and therefore beers and cigars) in.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nothing better than a nice cigar when the weathers perfect, not too hot, not too humid and perfectly clear skys. The est smokes I've had are when I'm sitting on the porch just watching nature do it's thing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not at all. I have a real hard time enjoying a smoke when it's below 40 degrees and blustery (it almost always windy in my neck of the woods). Those first warm days of spring are magic after shivering though even short smokes in the winter. I'm probably an odd one but I really like a cigar on calm, balmy summer evenings. That's just around the corner...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Since I have yet to enjoy one I couldn't say :mad: because I have been sick

But I am looking forward to sitting out on my deck, whenever I get deck furnature and enjoying a fine cigar. Now I'm just jealouse of all of you.

:pu

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ahhhh.... the promise of beautiful weather, the expectancy of summer, the freshness of the new leaves, the first few breaths of fresh, outdoor air over 50 degrees!!! What's not to love? No bugs yet, no lawnmowers killing the peace... Spring and cigars the two go hand in hand!!!

For this female leaf-lover, I tell ya, it's better than s-x!!! :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Lamar,

I have expensive taste... my current fav is graycliff crystal pirate, others in the lineup are most of the padron anny series (mostly 64 - some 26)... by those standards, s-x comes cheap!

Am holding off on the Cohibas till the weather gets better and I can really enjoy!!!

Am thinking about starting a Central Maryland herf...c'mon down!

CL

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know why, but all of the cigars I smoke in the winter months just don't seem right. How else can I explain in, it must be a mental thing, but they just don't taste right to me. As soon as the weather here in the windy city turned, all of my smoke seem to smell and taste better to me.

Go figure..

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Dutch said:
Spring smokes are good, but I have to say Fall ones are my favorite. Nothing like a Saturday full of football, beer and cigars.
I have to go with The Dutch on this one. I love smoking in the spring during cook outs and summers at the pool. But my favorite time to burn one is on Saturday's outside Neyland Stadium(UT vols, for those of you who don't know.). There is nothing like a great smoke with a huge cup of jack and coke before a big game!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I like to smoke a cigar with Hockey Night in Canada on! :D
Of course, I like to smoke a cigar without Hockey Night in Canada on also! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spring? Fall? What are those? Down here we have Winter in Dec, Jan, and maybe Feb than Summer. ;)

I don't notice a difference myself. Yes, I'd prefer to smoke in wonderful weather as the enjoyment is much better but the taste does not change for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I love a good spring cigar. I try to get outside with a good stick at least a few times a week during the spring...especially since DC turns into a swamp in the summer. :pu

1 - 17 of 17 Posts