Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on Ebay looking for Butane when I came across a 300ML canister made by Clipper. It's specifically for lighter refills. Says "12x refined premium Isobutane" on the packaging.
From my understanding, Isobutane burns a little cleaner and maybe even a little hotter.
Why not? It's only $9 a can.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Quick Google search showed this

Is isobutane better than butane?

Isobutane shares the same molecular formula as normal butane (see below), but the shape of its molecule makes isobutane far superior in terms of vapor pressure. ... Isobutane is also a more expensive fuel to source and process than butane, so you'll usually find it in the higher-quality canisters.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isobutane shares the same molecular formula as normal butane (see below), but the shape of its molecule makes isobutane far superior in terms of vapor pressure.... Isobutane is also a more expensive fuel to source and process than butane, so you'll usually find it in the higher-quality canisters.
I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or bad. I assume better vapor pressure is a plus.

Bic has been using Isobutane for years. They produce so many lighters per day that they need to use the cleanest fuel available in order to reduce their carbon footprint. Hundreds of thousands of Bic lighters are thrown into the trash every day and end up in a landfill.

Isobutane is also used in fuel refinery to make gasoline.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I light 95 percent of my cigars with Bic lighters, so Isobutane is a plus in my book.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got my Clipper Isobutane in the mail the other day. It's a pretty tall can and it comes with a few adaptor nipples just like any other butane fuel canister.
I purged one of my Jetlines today and filled it up with the Isobutane. So far it seems great. Lights easy with no issues and the flame is long. The lighter also filled up all the way to the top pretty quickly. My regular butane doesn't do that. It gets near the top and then won't top it off. Isobutane topped it off all the way to the top.
I'm giving a full thumbs up to this stuff.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If I hadn't purchased a case of the large Xikar cans last year, I'd hop on and order as well. Pretty sure my order is a lifetime supply for me. I smoke 1-2 cigars a week and then go months without smoking at all, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts