Cigar Forums banner

iPhone 6+ NEW FEATURE! IT BENDS!

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  profanitypete 
#1 ·
In my best Tim Cook voice: "We have something we're really excited to show you today, something truly innovate. We're thrilled to announce a newly discovered feature for the biggest iPhone we've ever released: a flexible phone! This device will adjust to the contours of your body with daily movement, it acts as if it's not even there!"

Will it bend? iPhone 6 takes a turn for the worse - CNET

#5 ·
Stupid iPhail...

My wife is an Apple fan, and I mess with her relentlessly about how sheepish it is.
Sheepish or not, they do make a good product most of the time. having been on both platforms, I stick with Apple just because I just want a device that works with minimal setup. Long gone are the days of spending hours or days setting everything up in my phone just how I like it. Granted I'm using a (now dented) iPhone 5 that is pretty well destroyed.

#6 ·
This is just a product of bigger and thinner devices. The structural integrity of the phone is less than optimal. Bring back the old Nokia brick phones for durability. Pretty sure those were actually plastic. I have been with Apple since the first iphone. I stood in line, and I have been happy with what devices I have had. I have had android devices for work, and it seems as though they are not as smooth as the apple. However, I do find that Apple is stretching to keep up with the times. My next phone might be a galaxy.

#7 ·
This is just a product of bigger and thinner devices. The structural integrity of the phone is less than optimal. Bring back the old Nokia brick phones for durability. Pretty sure those were actually plastic. I have been with Apple since the first iphone. I stood in line, and I have been happy with what devices I have had. I have had android devices for work, and it seems as though they are not as smooth as the apple. However, I do find that Apple is stretching to keep up with the times. My next phone might be a galaxy.
Agreed - I was actually just talking with a friend about this, and i wonder what (if anything) apple will do/say? I suspect nothing, but if Steve was still around he'd probably say "Don't sit as long. Buy an iWatch."

But really, I wonder if companies will come out with reinforced cases or something?

#8 ·
Otter box will help reinforce the phone. But you will loose the small size. Otter box has saved my phone more times than I can count. My phone fell at work 21' onto concrete and it still worked. I will not own a phone without an otter box ever again. No matter what brand.

#9 ·
Let me read this correctly. If I use an iPhone I'm some sort of idiot who is a "fanboy"? Are you guys adults or children?

In regards to this bending ordeal: If I want to I can bend any device. I can bend my Kindle, my iPad and even my laptops. It's not hard if you place enough pressure on them. Guess what? I can dent my car door too if I hit it hard enough. Whatever idiots are doing to their phones to try and bend it just shows how moronic they are.

I'm disappointment to read such uneducated posts here. It's pretty ridiculous.

#11 ·
Let me read this correctly. If I use an iPhone I'm some sort of idiot who is a "fanboy"? Are you guys adults or children?

In regards to this bending ordeal: If I want to I can bend any device. I can bend my Kindle, my iPad and even my laptops. It's not hard if you place enough pressure on them. Guess what? I can dent my car door too if I hit it hard enough. Whatever idiots are doing to their phones to try and bend it just shows how moronic they are.

I'm disappointment to read such uneducated posts here. It's pretty ridiculous.
Please show me where anyone said "All Apple users are idiots and fanboys!"... No one said that. The ones who are idiots and fanboys are the ones who will blindly buy a product from Apple without caring whether it is a quality product or not, and whether or not it actually serves a purpose. A perfect example is their new watch...

Obviously anything can bend. The issue here is that these new phones (specifically the 6+, not the standard size 6) were made out of a thin-gauge aluminum, and their dimensions cause it to bend easier than any other phone. Actually the iPhone 5s is 22% stronger than the 6+. These new phones are bending from people having them in their front pockets and sitting down, easy as that. That should not be happening, someone in engineering made a mistake.

Uneducated? That is just laughable. Don't get all butthurt because someone is pointing out Apple's flaws, unless of course you are a fanboy, lol...

#13 ·
LOL I love all the "rebels" fighting against the machine.

I've honestly never understood how technology of any type can cause people to have such odd reactions of emotion AGAINST another company and its users. Fanboys (of all brands) actually fascinate me.

I personally use whatever tech gets the job at hand done best for my use - I never got into the OS wars (Mac OS X is my primary desktop OS, but I use Windows as well as Linux depending on the use case), and I certainly won't get into a "mobile" war. Why would I care what someone else chooses to use?

Oh, and as far as bendgate goes: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/09/consumer-reports-tests-iphone-6-bendgate/index.htm

Consumer Reports has been very critical of Apple in the past, so I tend to believe them. They gave Apple well deserved hell over antennagate.

I personally think these phones have gotten too damn big, and I wouldn't buy a 6+, Note, or any other "phablet", but there's apparently a large market for them.

#14 ·
Please show me where anyone said "All Apple users are idiots and fanboys!"... No one said that. The ones who are idiots and fanboys are the ones who will blindly buy a product from Apple without caring whether it is a quality product or not, and whether or not it actually serves a purpose. A perfect example is their new watch...

Obviously anything can bend. The issue here is that these new phones (specifically the 6+, not the standard size 6) were made out of a thin-gauge aluminum, and their dimensions cause it to bend easier than any other phone. Actually the iPhone 5s is 22% stronger than the 6+. These new phones are bending from people having them in their front pockets and sitting down, easy as that. That should not be happening, someone in engineering made a mistake.

Uneducated? That is just laughable. Don't get all butthurt because someone is pointing out Apple's flaws, unless of course you are a fanboy, lol...
All Apple users are idiots and fanboys! :sl

Ive been down both roads and dont care for apple products because of the way they lock everything down. I am stuck with a 5S for work, its what they issued so its what I get. (I liked the blackberry torch WAY BETTER but they took it) Im not going to get a 6 or 6 plus and people shouldn't have to buy 3rd party cases to protect something that should have been durable in the first place. Speaking of 3rd party Im pissed because I bought a real charging cord that isnt a foot long where I can plug it in and have some room. 6ft flat cable that is very durable unlike the OEM cables that break at the contacts all the time. How fuggin lame is it to install in your software where only OEM and "certified" cables will work? Certified=apple charges licensing fees to the companies that make them just like they do with all the apps.

Ill stick to PCs and as for phones anything will do, so long as its not made by apple.

#15 ·
It just seems to me that people that aren't completely happy with their own products (or wish they had both) are the ones complaining about the other side. Same with Xbox vs playstation. I have both, will be getting both new ones eventually and I don't see any reason to complain about either one. I have had iphones since the 3G, and before that I had Nokias. I have used apple/mac computers since the apple IIe, and now work on a PC, I have an iPad (that I won) and use what I need for what it does best. I have nothing negative to say about Android, Samsung, Motorola, LG or HTC except for when their hardcore fans yell at me for having an iphone. There is no sense in these arguments, because noone wins in these things. Ever.

#16 ·
Hilariously engineered is Apple. Swype is the perfect example of their backward construction.
Setup on my Note took 30 seconds because all my information is stored in my Google account. And no glass screen will survive a drop of any severity.
so my Otterbox prevents that 200 dollar casualty. It also makes holding these slippery and thin phones much nicer.
Good luck iphone 6, your almost up to Galaxy 2 standards. Great picture ability too.
They will all be the same eventually.

#19 ·
They will all be the same eventually.
This is truth. They already ARE the same in most aspects, which is why the brands are doing anything they can in attempts to make themselves appear different. Samsung phones can transfer images just by touching phones!!!! Awwwwww snap. Except I can do that with my mom's flip phone. Through a text. Without being next to someone. Impressive.

Also my beef with Apple as a company, as they sell themselves specifically on being "something unique" when they aren't. I'm a fan of the open-source programs that I use on any OS that gives me choice and ability. I don't want to NEED to have a brands proprietary music jukebox on my computer, and I don't think my mp3 player should have to be erased if I want to add a song from a new computer. This is why I choose not to own Apple devices. And I don't want to pay 4x price in an attempt to fool other people into thinking that I'm unique.

There are extremely valid reasons to own Apple products. Graphic design is one of them. Serious movie editing as well. Many good reasons. But the average college-age reason of "it has better multimedia" is more worn than a $2 whore, and is my biggest criticism of the company. Yes. I dislike apple because they cater to and attract douches. Real power-users who take advantage of the actual pros of the Apple brand are merely casualties to the brand's image.

I don't dislike people for what they choose to use. I just get a bad taste in my mouth sometimes when I find out WHY they choose what they do. It's cringe-worthy at times, or hilarious. Depends on if I've had a cigar lately :smoke2:

In similar news, I found this super guffawable back in the day, and even hanged it up on my cubicle when I worked at an office. Apparently "thousands" of phones were dropped to test. Hopefully those people learned the difference between software and hardware. Or at least Photoshop vs Corporate notifications.

Full Disclosure: I have a G2 that I love, except that I've now cracked the screen(s) twice. Also I wish it were smaller, I really just wanted the best camera available in a phone at the time. I was paid $20 to buy the phone after discounts and then rebates, the month the phone was released.

#20 ·
My son is a manager at cell phone shop and he said point blank the people that come in for a new iPhone are the most difficult. They believe the propaganda about it being better at this or that and he doesn't even try to show them how a Galaxy did that three versions ago and since has exceeded that ability. Even the misinformation about a MAC exceeding the PC in multimedia is false. Matrox built a real time video editing system on Win 98 with full effects over a decade ago.
I'll keep my Note 3 for some time and everyone else in the family is using S5 quite happily knowing they have the current state of the art in the most robust and durable package.
This is truth. They already ARE the same in most aspects, which is why the brands are doing anything they can in attempts to make themselves appear different. Samsung phones can transfer images just by touching phones!!!! Awwwwww snap. Except I can do that with my mom's flip phone. Through a text. Without being next to someone. Impressive.

Also my beef with Apple as a company, as they sell themselves specifically on being "something unique" when they aren't. I'm a fan of the open-source programs that I use on any OS that gives me choice and ability. I don't want to NEED to have a brands proprietary music jukebox on my computer, and I don't think my mp3 player should have to be erased if I want to add a song from a new computer. This is why I choose not to own Apple devices. And I don't want to pay 4x price in an attempt to fool other people into thinking that I'm unique.

There are extremely valid reasons to own Apple products. Graphic design is one of them. Serious movie editing as well. Many good reasons. But the average college-age reason of "it has better multimedia" is more worn than a $2 whore, and is my biggest criticism of the company. Yes. I dislike apple because they cater to and attract douches. Real power-users who take advantage of the actual pros of the Apple brand are merely casualties to the brand's image.

I don't dislike people for what they choose to use. I just get a bad taste in my mouth sometimes when I find out WHY they choose what they do. It's cringe-worthy at times, or hilarious. Depends on if I've had a cigar lately :smoke2:

In similar news, I found this super guffawable back in the day, and even hanged it up on my cubicle when I worked at an office. Apparently "thousands" of phones were dropped to test. Hopefully those people learned the difference between software and hardware. Or at least Photoshop vs Corporate notifications.

Full Disclosure: I have a G2 that I love, except that I've now cracked the screen(s) twice. Also I wish it were smaller, I really just wanted the best camera available in a phone at the time. I was paid $20 to buy the phone after discounts and then rebates, the month the phone was released.

#23 ·
I think it is ridiculous how all of these people that are anti-iphone can spend the time to make these realistic fake ads to mess with apple fans, and also spend the money to go buy and destroy expensive new iphones just for jokes and experiments. They should donate the money to a good cause and not troll people.

#24 ·
I think it is ridiculous how all of these people that are anti-iphone can spend the time to make these realistic fake ads to mess with apple fans, and also spend the money to go buy and destroy expensive new iphones just for jokes and experiments. They should donate the money to a good cause and not troll people.
Eh, it's their time & money, that means they get to spend it how they want. If they want to waste it instead of potentially bettering society, that's their choice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.