Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been into traditional wet-shaving for a year or two now, and truly appreciate the pleasure of a good shave in the morning. Because I'm no expert, I've asked Alfred from fendrihan.com to write a primer on wet-shaving, and he came up with a great how-to. If you're a wet-shaving fan, or just aren't happy with your current shaving regimen, check it out.

Link Here

I've always used a DE razor, badger hair brush, and quality soaps, but after reading it I'm considering trying a boar brush, or maybe even a straight blade.

· Resting Smoke
245 Posts
i cut myself enough with my mach 3!!! dont know what i would look like with a straight razor
wet skin with warm water,try a good gel-maybe something for sensitive skin(EDGE),draw straight and slow,don't press hard,let the blade do the work, never slide to the left or right and make sure your skin is taught.preferred direction with the grain.

· Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found that when I switched to a DE razor (Merkur HD), the number of nicks I got went down! I'll admit there is a bit of a learning curve though. The biggest difference comes from using a good badger/boar brush and spending time on facial prep.

As for shaving oils, after your face prep try putting on a little oil, followed by shaving cream. With the combination it'll be an incredibly smooth shave. Oils are also good for trimming around facial hair, as they allow you clear visibility of hair lines.

· Registered
79 Posts
I just started using a badger brush with a Gillette Fusion razor. Best shave I've ever had. There is something very satisfying about taking the time to do all the prep and end up with a great shave.

· Registered
3 Posts
I found that when I switched to a DE razor (Merkur HD), the number of nicks I got went down! I'll admit there is a bit of a learning curve though. The biggest difference comes from using a good badger/boar brush and spending time on facial prep.

As for shaving oils, after your face prep try putting on a little oil, followed by shaving cream. With the combination it'll be an incredibly smooth shave. Oils are also good for trimming around facial hair, as they allow you clear visibility of hair lines.
Great tip. I will try it. Thanks!:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.