Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok- what's going on here? i was testing a program that automatically generates web pages for digital pix... it's called album express and the pages you're about to see took me only a few minutes to generate after downloading the trial version. i'm impressed, to say the least. (i should say, the time consuming task was writing the captions... without captions, the generation of the web pages took seconds- the program is very intuitive).

anyway, i thought i'd test it on some pix of the partagas factory in habana centro. it came out so nicely that i thought i'd share it with you. for those of you who've seen the pix of my cuba trip before... there are two new pix here... both taken inside the photos forbidden part of the factory... and it's worth a peak. they're pix 5 and 6. that's why i put this post in this lounge instead of everything else but...

anyway- enjoy the show ... here's the link Inside the Partagas Factory

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is a nice layout too: another version (click on the thumbnail to see the larger pic).

there are about 10 different layouts, some are slide shows...
i've been using this guy's thumbnail maker (freeware)
for awhile and was impressed with that... but this
album express is wonderful.

you can do almost everything with the click of the mouse
so you have one hand free to smoke while you're making
your album :cool:

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
That is so intense. Really amazing. Was the aroma rich? Are they listening to music and stuff, chit-chatting and what have you. Kind of like going in Fort Knox. Awesome job on the photos. Thanks for posting. rns

·
Registered
242 Posts
Great pics! Thanks.

Looking at those women rolling reminded me of a riff on an old Billie Holliday song--UW UW UW, what a little moonlight--I mean--those fingers--could do for you...

Oh, I forgot, a cigar is just a cigar

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Great Pics! I also downloaded the picture of the roller in the factory.

Next trip, should you need someone to carry your bags...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mayor said:
That's a great way to post photos.

When I toured the La Carona factory they let me take photos of anything I wanted. I will post them one day when I get a scanner.
i'd like to see those pix ... i wanted to go to la corona too, but just didn't have the time. i'm not sure why partagas didn't allow cameras... they probably just thought it would be a nuisance having people walking around taking photos.

relaxnsmoke said:
That is so intense. Really amazing. Was the aroma rich? Are they listening to music and stuff, chit-chatting and what have you. Kind of like going in Fort Knox. Awesome job on the photos. Thanks for posting. rns
the aroma is so thick you can taste it... that along with the sight of so many cigars is almost like smoking one. the work is basic factory work... dull and boring with quotas... not fun or romantic at all. they do have readers (they sit on a platform by che's pic) who read the news or fiction. the juxtaposition of beautiful cigars with people working their tails off for minimal pay was disconcerting for me. in fact- i was embarrassed/self-conscious during my entire stay in cuba... the people are incredible, the conditions are deplorable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts