Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to TxMatt, a fellow Texan by the way, the La Finca black robusto is a cigar worth it's price. Picked up a box from Mikes Cigars for around 33.00 including shipping and am very pleased with them. One thing about this site is you find good info about good cigars that doesn't have to break your wallet. The La Finca will be a mainstay in the coolerdor.

Have not read anything about the Indian Tabac on this site, but someone recommended the classic Tomahawk (maddie) and I took a chance and bid on a box on cigarbid and got a box of 20 for 34.00. The cheapest I found these were 47.00 at AtlanticCigars and can telll you these are impressive. Smooth and tasty. I will be looking for some more on cigarbid. Some of the bidders got a box for 31.00

These are two very good everyday smokes. Along with the Pardon Fumas that may come in today, I have a good selection of very affordable but very good cigars.

Thanks to all who contribute to this site!

Gooch

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
txmatt suggested the la finca robusto black a few weeks back for me. It is a great cigar.
La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro is another very reasonable cigar with some good flavor.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm luke warm about the Super Fuerte and Classic lines. The Cameroon Legends, however, have yet to disappoint- especially the Maduros. The Super Toro (Gorilla) is one of my top 5 go-to cigars, especially when I want a long, (And I mean long) relaxing smoke.

-Q

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Glad to hear I helped a couple smokers to find an inexpensive smoke they enjoy. This is what makes Club Stogie soo much fun for me. JR does have slightly better prices on the La Fincas, but Mike's is a top notch dealer.

I recently have enjoyed 3 of their $30 any size selections:
Lusitania Robusto Maduro (made by Perdomo)
Mantequilla X Maduro
La Flor Del Caney Bouqet (made by Matasa)

Mike's came out with an awesome new catalog last week, its 64 pages in PDF format on the web site but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Unfortunately the $30 selections are no longer grouped in the front.

-Matt-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
txmatt said:
Glad to hear I helped a couple smokers to find an inexpensive smoke they enjoy. This is what makes Club Stogie soo much fun for me. JR does have slightly better prices on the La Fincas, but Mike's is a top notch dealer.

I recently have enjoyed 3 of their $30 any size selections:
Lusitania Robusto Maduro (made by Perdomo)
Mantequilla X Maduro
La Flor Del Caney Bouqet (made by Matasa)

Mike's came out with an awesome new catalog last week, its 64 pages in PDF format on the web site but I haven't received it in the mail yet. Unfortunately the $30 selections are no longer grouped in the front.

-Matt-
TxMatt
I find the La Finca Robusto Blacks are a pretty strong full cigar. I think I read where you had some ot the coronas. How do they rate as far as being a medium to full cigar since they have a natural wrapper and are not a maddie. I am not real big on naturals except for a morning smoke and the cheaper ones I have had seem to not have as much flavor. Do the LF coronas fit the bill for a good natural cigar?

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
gooch said:
TxMatt
I find the La Finca Robusto Blacks are a pretty strong full cigar. I think I read where you had some ot the coronas. How do they rate as far as being a medium to full cigar since they have a natural wrapper and are not a maddie. I am not real big on naturals except for a morning smoke and the cheaper ones I have had seem to not have as much flavor. Do the LF coronas fit the
bill for a good natural cigar?
Hey Gooch,

I would peg both the natural and maddie La Fincas as medium. Maduro wrappers don't really make a cigar stronger but sweeter. The amount of ligero in the filler blend is where most of today's cigars get their oomph, and to me the blend tastes the same in this brand. The La Finca black versus the EMS wrapped versions has a bit more flavor and sweetness but is not at all stronger IMO.

If you are a big fan of La Finca, and like Lonsdale size, check out the Valentino humidor available for $80 from JR right now. You get a decent humidor filled with 72 (7x48) cigars for the price.

I also noticed the NATSA Torpedo Sampler and NATSA Double Corona Sampler on the site. NATSA produces La Finca, along with Jose Marti, Villar Y Villar, and Flor de Farach. You can try 8 sticks in the same size from 4 brands produced at this factory for $13. JRs $2 shipping price makes it the best place to get samplers IMO.

There are going to be A LOT of great deals coming out of the big catalog companies for the next month though, count on seeing many more.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.