Cigar Forums banner

In the market for a new phone.

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Navistar 
#1 ·
Thought I would consult the brain trust that is Puff. Nothing against apple, but I've always had android and have no interest in changing. What I think I've narrowed it down to is the Pixel 2XL or the S9+

Anyone been using either of these or do you have any other recomendations?

#2 ·
I love the Samsung Galaxy Note! Nothing against the S, but the Note just does more and has more features for around the same price point depending on model.
Sure, the had battery issues with the Note 7(?), but so far the newest model seems to have all the kinks worked out.
IMHO, Samsung is the only way to go. I've had Moto and LG in the past and will never go back.
Good luck!

#3 ·
I do like Samsung phones, I'm still rocking the Note 3! I was looking at the Note 8 and I think it's a great phone, but I got to thinking about it and I rarely use the stylus with my note. Really the biggest difference between the Note 8 and S8 is the note has a better camera, but the S9 remedies that. And with the S9 just coming out I'm sure the Note 9 won't be far behind.

The thing that attracts me to the Pixel is it's stock android and isn't supposed to have all the bloatware other manufacturers add, and it is supposed to have a better camera than the S9.

#4 ·
Love my Pixel XL (original). I've been a huge fan of the former Nexus program and now the Pixels. Stock android. Have played around with a few of the Samsung phones and was not a fan of the interface compared to stock Android. But to each their own.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I've used Samsung for years and am current with the S8+.....the S9 is too expensive and the only thing different is the camera so spending that kind of money for the new Samsung doesn't seem worth it unless I get it for free with my plan that usually gives us a free phone every other year.

#9 ·
I was happy having 2 Campbell's tomato soup cans and string for my communications back in the day...now it's just plain crazy with people walking into walls because they have their phones in front of their faces...families at a restaurant with everybody nose deep into their cell phones...or in grocery stores and malls looking like the Walking Dead....running into other people and then acting like it was my fault because they aren't paying attention...or those who drive and text while going 80mph like they are a guided missile. While I enjoy the benefits of cell phones it is one of the most dangerous POS out there where the uknown factors that precipitate deaths can't be counted. For this reason alone I believe in conceal and carry for the idiot who doesn't pay attention to their driving and I survive the wreck....I will crawl over to their car and if they survive the car crash....they won't survive me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.