Cigar Forums banner

I'm New Too!

1K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  kansashat 
#1 ·
Hey there! I am new to the site and to the world of Cigars. I am interested in trying different types of cigars and want to start at the lower end of the cash scale. I am looking to spend between 3-7 Canadian dollars to start. I live in Canada, so any other Canadian suggestions would be great. Looking forward to some great discussions.

RTC

#2 ·
rtchidiac said:
Hey there! I am new to the site and to the world of Cigars. I am interested in trying different types of cigars and want to start at the lower end of the cash scale. I am looking to spend between 3-7 Canadian dollars to start. I live in Canada, so any other Canadian suggestions would be great. Looking forward to some great discussions.

RTC
Feel lucky, you have a WIDE range of sticks to choose from in Canada. Those of us in the states are lacking some of your choices. Not sure of the conversion rates, but if you like a stronger smoke, try a CAO MX2, $6 US or a Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park for about the same.

Someone will give some great ideas as well.

#4 ·
rtchidiac said:

RTC
It might help if you said where you are from and then somone could point you to a good smoke shop in your area. I didn't see anything listed in your profile about your home town. A good smoke shop with a trusted owner would be a great place to start.

Welcome aboard!

#5 ·
So Far So Good

Hey! Thanks for the great suggestions so far...I am looking forward to getting my hands on some of the cigars that you have suggested (e.g. CAO MX2, Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park). I live in Waterloo, Ontario....about an hour from Toronto - which I am sure has lots of shops! My family lives in Ottawa, perhaps I can get some suggestions there as well - that way I am covered on both ends. Thanks for responding, I look forward to hearing and discussing more.

RTC

#13 ·
Howdy..........just wanted to be different :D

#14 ·
rtchidiac said:

RTC
Welcome! In your price range it is hard to go wrong with Hoyo de Monterrey or Punch brand. Both have really nice Robustos. Also Padron 2000 or 3000 and Arturo Fuente Curly Heads are good deals on good smokes.

--Will

#16 ·
BayouDawg said:
welcome! The regular line a Padron cigars is a top flight, well made and remarkably consistent cigar for the price. I also reach for a Punch Gran Cru for a quality mild-medium cigars (robusto maduro prefered).

bd
thanks bd, will keep my eyes open. will have to write things down and let you know what I am paying for these 'sticks' up north.

#17 ·
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. It seems like you have a nice thing going on here. Like I said in my last 'reply' I will have to let you know what type of prices they are advertising over here. I could get a humidor and a buch of cigars without a problem - but I want to make sure I get something that is half decent. I appreciate your suggestions and as soon as I get my hands on my first cigar, I will let you know what it was. By the way, where can I get info on the different characteristics of cigars? When I smoke one, what am I looking for? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.