Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im from Bentonville, Arkansas and I've been smoking cigars for about 5 years now. One of my all time favoriate smokes is Joya De Nic Antano line. I decided to join CS because out of all the cigar chat sites I've visited, this one is by far the nicest, and seems light harted and friendly. The others seemed to take themselfs too serious and the conversation was a little dry. Well, thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting you all....

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome! I'm not far from you in SE Kansas.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Welcome LC. Yep, no snobs here, and anything but stuffy or dry :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I dont remember the name of the site I was viewing before I stumbled onto CS, but it was definitely lacking in the brotherhood of loving fine or not so fine cigars dept. CS is much better, and now Im happy :w

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MM2--Thanks, just wondering, is there anything that you are not a champ of? You seem to be the arcade king of the jungle.. :cool: Tried any new Good cigars lately??

·
Registered
882 Posts
LastClick said:
MM2--Thanks, just wondering, is ther anything that you are not a champ of? You seem to be the arcade king of the jungle.. :cool: Tried any new Good cigars lately??
:r I smoked a few in my time Let me see I smoked a Opus xXx last night then This morning I smoked Cusano C10 For lFor lunch I had Baccarat. And after I get another trophie I will be smoking somthing from Perdermo.

I had more trophies but I just noticed some one has beaten 2 of my scores now I will have to play some more.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Havent tried an Opus X yet, but a buddy of mine tried one in Vegas with good reviews. In your opinion, how are they? I just cant bring myself to pay $35.00 a stick unless it's going to blow me away.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome, friend.

Surely you can't go wrong with an Opus X, but I think you can just as good (maybe even better) with a number of other, less expensive cigars. If $35.00 gives you the same heebie-jeebies as it does to me, maybe you could try one of the Padron Anniversary line. You can get those for less than $20. That is for a special smoke. Want something to knock your socks off for less than 10 bucks? Try a Joya de Nicaragua Antano!

·
Registered
882 Posts
LastClick said:
Havent tried an Opus X yet, but a buddy of mine tried one in Vegas with good reviews. In your opinion, how are they? I just cant bring myself to pay $35.00 a stick unless it's going to blow me away.
I was furtunate enough to get the Opus X from a generous BOTL. In my opinion it was a great cigar. All around fantastic construction, nice white ash, perfect burn, good buzz, and the taste was slightly compex. I will be posting my review of it shortly.

Like you I couldn't bear my self to spend $35 on a stick I never had befor, but I will now after having it wouldn't mind having a few in my humi for special occasions. It was a great smoke all around. So if you ever get the itch I suggest trying one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the advise Steve. I may just break down and buy one, or just wait for one of my friends to get a box and shamelessly beg.

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Welcome to CS!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.