Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a wal purchase here in the near future. Any suggestions on smokes that I might like considering I love the Padron 3k's and 5k's??

Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
i like the padron 2k's maduro, the 3k and 5k are also good, might i suggest Onyx reserve mini belicosos

Ryan

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm looking to make a wal purchase here in the near future. ...

nick- is that wal mart? i think they stopped selling cigars. :D

seriously tho... i like padrons and i like damn near every isom ever made (even some 99s and 00s) and will ever be made... and then some. so, it's probably best to just start sampling away.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay... let me rephrase...

i'm going to be making an ISOM purchase in the near future. i'm looking for suggestions of ISOMS that are similar to the Padron 3k's and 5k's.

so... if i like the padron 3k's and 5k's then i'll love this kind of ISOM...

(that make more sense? sorry about the confustion)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
nick- i understood what you were saying. and what i was pointing out is that there is no obvious implication of liking padrons to liking a certain kind of cuban. no domestic tastes like a cuban (except perhaps the 1st half of a camacho diploma). my suggestion is to just start sampling... i mean, how did you know you liked padrons? you (probably) sampled all sorts of domestics and found that you preferred padrons. the same thing will happen with isoms, but you will find a richer class of cigars that you will enjoy.

that being said... include some MCs in your sampler. :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only austrialian things i like are the women...

i was actually really refering to walmart, like rob said. they've opened up a shop in havana. not a super store though... just the non-food goods. it's a big hit. 50% off the top for our buddy fidel, 20% to China for the goods, 20% back to walmart as profit. the remaining 10% to the native workers who are then taxed (afterall... whats a country without income tax) at a rate of 90%.

all in all i'd say it's a big hit for them... and for us, considering the huge discounts we can now get on genuine cuban smokes, not to mention there's no sales tax!

anyway... www.walmart.com if you look real hard you'll find the link to the isoms.

thanks rob and winston for the suggestions.

:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are staying in Central America, I strongly recommend:

Carlos Torano Signature
CT Exodus
CT Silver Exodus
CAO Brazilia line

Currently, I am looking for LaTradicion 'R' Maduro - if you know of a source, let me know.

PJT35:D

DOH!!!

I misread the post - forget the Cen. American suggestions - though they are good!

I have never had an ISOM like a Padron or vice versa, so I can't help. Sorry!!

Have a HAPPY JULY 4! (before the liberals out law it)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I may be getting a little far away from the Padron Series, but you may consider trying a SP Beli. The 01's are still floating around and the ones that I have had are fabulous.

G

·
JKeats said:
the only austrialian things i like are the women...

i was actually really refering to walmart, like rob said. they've opened up a shop in havana. not a super store though... just the non-food goods. it's a big hit. 50% off the top for our buddy fidel, 20% to China for the goods, 20% back to walmart as profit. the remaining 10% to the native workers who are then taxed (afterall... whats a country without income tax) at a rate of 90%.

all in all i'd say it's a big hit for them... and for us, considering the huge discounts we can now get on genuine cuban smokes, not to mention there's no sales tax!

anyway... www.walmart.com if you look real hard you'll find the link to the isoms.

thanks rob and winston for the suggestions.

:D
I don't know if this was a joke or not about the wal-mart thing. But I looked EVERYWHERE on that site, even the one from britian. I couldn't find ANYTHING dealing with ISOM's except books. So, I was just wondering if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, if this is true....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts