Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked an extra shift last night; was dreading it because the 2 previous they damn near killed us in the ER. This shift was perfectly lovely, just coasted all night long. Got home, went into the humidor and grabbed a JdN Celebrecion Churchill and fired it up, after cutting it with my Palio. First the wrapper cracked, then it didn't want to draw or burn correctly, and then it developed a nasty chemically taste with a strong ammonia odor and taste. Chunked it over the rail of my balcony. Never have smoked a bad one of these in the past. Still have a torpedo and a robusto of a 5'ver. Hope they are better. Frank B

·
Registered
662 Posts
KInd of the same thing for me, I took my friend out to a bar and brought ERDM rotheschildes, which I was telling him were so great, because the last one I smoked was just excellent. Well mine had line a dead rat stuck in it or something because it had super tight draw, so I was getting hardly any smoke, barely any taste, and halfway through it nearly went out, and when i got it going again it just had that assey taste. Big let down on a friday night smoke.
-eef

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Damn that sux! Did either of u guys have a "make up" stick?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I hear ya', FrankB. Ain't nothing like a crappy shift in an ER to really make you appreciate sitting down. And it's worse when every other ER in the area's closed to (friggin') EMS except yours :bx :bx :bx

If it's any consolation, the JdN celebracion corona (?) I had last weekend was really loose and seemed wet. And the PAN 64 was too dry to smoke. :c Give 'em some time, says I.

Today's another day.

Scott"keepingthefaith"M

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
After all that, I think you'd need something a little stiffer to drink than coffee.. we had some Gentleman Jack last night that was excellent!!

It's a new day for another smoke.. hope this one goes better for ya!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
zemekone said:
Damn that sux! Did either of u guys have a "make up" stick?
zemekone has it all right here, when you have a usually good cigar that disappoints you it is a must to smoke a "make up smoke". This is the whole reason for two and three finger cigar cases. Bring the two when its just you smoking and the 3 when you are smoking with a friend. :w

-Matt-

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hear ya Frank. The other day I dropped of a friend their car then hit a curb that bent the wheel and caused a flat! A spare, and over $100 later I went for a Gispert Lonsdale hoping have a good end to a hard day. Well lets just say the smoke wasn't a pleasant as I had hoped. It wasn't that bad just not what I wanted it to be. I know how that can let you down. But tomorrow is another day!

·
Registered
691 Posts
FrankB,

Sorry man...I would say to give them another try. I have had a couple of these and found them to be generally a good smoke. The JDN Antano is one of my favs but only after a big dinner and not early in the day. The Celebracion was a bit moire complex and alot smoother for me.

I hope you you have better days and better smokes in the future! :w

DsrtDog

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Usually these are very dependable. As to the appropriate beverage...well not to sound like a drunk or anything but I had a couple of fingers of Jim B. went back in the humidor and pulled out a CAO piranha and all was well. Frank B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.